Favourite Works From 2017!

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Pokefan2012, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Pokefan2012

Pokefan2012 Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    So we're finally here: the end of 2017! Needless to say a lot of things have happened this year, but here's to hoping for a great 2018! :smile:

Since it's the end of the year, I'm curious to see what everyone's favourite covers (or even originals if you have those!) that they have created are, so I would like for you all to share up to five of your favourite covers in this thread :smile: They don't have to be in any specific order, and they can be from any website, but, for example, I've created a SC playlist with the first track as my favourite and fifth track as my fifth favourite:

(Link bc I apparently can't embed, rip sound cloud. com/thespiciestofstars/sets/2017-top-5)

I look forward to seeing what everyone posts (assuming this thread kicks off haha) and I hope you can all find some new works to enjoy!! :smile:

Btw, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't really sure.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Haichou likes this.
  3. Sors

Sors Immature Adorable Cookielord (´• ω •`) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This is a really interesting thread! So, my personal favourites of mine of this year (which are actually ALL of my favs since I started this year lmao) are the following:
    (Yeah I actually think those two covers are better than my original lmao)

I would have shared more, buuut I will remake them, and delete/already deletedthe original versions

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Pokefan2012 likes this.
  4. Sors

Sors Immature Adorable Cookielord (´• ω •`) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Since I can't upload more than 5 Media, welp

Pokefan2012 likes this.
  5. Haichou

Haichou Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well, I barely uploaded this year, but...
    (I've also included my reasons for choosing these. I hope that's alright! I'm just in a reminiscent mood today.)

This is my most recent cover, and it represents my first true year with Yuri, my UTAU child (2015-2016 was mostly just getting used to the program). I didn't make much progress in the span of 12 months, but it still symbolizes what I did manage to get done: a new, better, bipitch voicebank with decent art and a lot of love! Something about that means more to me than I thought it would, honestly.
    There's also the tuning and the mixing. The tuning isn't the best I've done, but it's better than anything I've actually uploaded. All in all, this cover holds a special place in my heart. :creepy:

My first completed UST, which I never thought would see the light (especially considering the 20+ WIP USTs I still have left).

(sorry about the old art aaaa)
    I was proud of this tuning at the time... I haven't listened to it since, so I don't know how good it really was, but this was also the day I released Yuri's new voicebank. It only had the first pitch, but that was progress!

Alright, I believe this was mostly a plug-and-play. Maybe that's why I can actually listen to this cover without worrying about it sounding too horrific.
    Anyway, this one's also pretty personal. When 2017 began, I wasn't happy. At all. But then I came across this song... and something about it resonated with me, in a way. It became my favorite Vocaloid song (it still is!) and it helped me become more positive and less down-in-the-dumps all the time. So that's why this one's here.
    I hope 2018 is a great year for everyone!

Pokefan2012 and Mochlin like this.
  6. Pokefan2012

Trophy Points
    Hey! These are all some really nice covers so far! I haven't been able to listen to all of them because my internet's being wacko, but keep up the good work guys! It's also really nice to see how much you're improving too~

7. automatiqueP

automatiqueP Mediarahan! Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I have worked with many many many beautiful banks this year ; u ;/

Pokefan2012 likes this.
  8. zys15

zys15 Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Pokefan2012 likes this.
  9. ayatonic

ayatonic emo lord Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    ohhhh boy, favorite things from this year? but ive done so much!! hehe, let's see...
    my best things were mixed by my friends, so i'll just grab my favorites that ive done,,, ^_^'

I thought this cover came out well, cause I suck at mixing.

Another mix I was really proud of oooh

Maybe my best mix ever,,,,

my baby's best bank :,)

okay i give in, i didnt mix this one-- but its probably the most iconic thing that's come from my work, and its old asf but i'm still proud oof

this was fun!! thanks for making a thread like this <3

Pokefan2012 likes this.
  10. Pokefan2012

Trophy Points
    Ah, I'm glad to see you're all enjoying this thread, and it's nice to see you all giving reasons as to why you chose your covers (I hadn't actually considered that, haha ^^')

Also, again, some really nice stuff, guys, good work!