'File not Found' when putting UTAU into the program??

UTAUBeginner:D

Teto's Territory
Okay, SO i went to put my UTAU (Suzuki Kokoro) into the progream.. it said File not Found. What's this mean exactly, and how can I fix this?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
...At what point did it say "File not found"?

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
...At what point did it say \"File not found\"?

When I went to the first drop down box, i clicked to add my UTAU onto it, and it poped up saying 'File not found' then, i clicked where it said 'UTAU' with Uta(Defoko..i duno which to call her by)'spicture, it had my UTAUs piture, and it again said 'File not found'.

Sorry if I'm confusing you.. >.<''

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Make sure you didn't put your bank in defoko

But if that isn't the case, remove your UTAU from the voice folder, and put it wherever else. Then add it manually to the list and see if that works.
To add it manually, press the button in the top left corner of the pop up where you choose what voice bank to use, and choose the second last option. It should be relatively straight forward from there.

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
Make sure you didn't put your bank in defoko

But if that isn't the case, remove your UTAU from the voice folder, and put it wherever else. Then add it manually to the list and see if that works.
To add it manually, press the button in the top left corner of the pop up where you choose what voice bank to use, and choose the second last option. It should be relatively straight forward from there.

I checked, shes not in Defoko's..
I also did all you said to, and it still happened..
I probably screwed it up.

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Okay, hm.
I'm trying to think of what else could be wrong...

Are you in JP locale? And what OS are you running? Neither are likely to be causing this, but y'know, troubleshooting.

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
Okay, hm.
I'm trying to think of what else could be wrong...

Are you in JP locale? And what OS are you running? Neither are likely to be causing this, but y'know, troubleshooting.

I have a JP locale.
And i think OS means Operating System..but im not sure, do you mean maker? or the Windows thingy?

OOH. And i jsut realized. culd it be that I input her name in English? Do i need to change the folder name to Hiragana from English

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Mmn, no, that's not it. Most folder names are in romaji.

And OS is Operating System, meaning which version of Windows are you running?

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
Mmn, no, that's not it. Most folder names are in romaji.

And OS is Operating System, meaning which version of Windows are you running?

I'm not sure? I think xp 7? if even, i know it ha a number, but i dunno if its xp.. Honestly, i'm not positive..

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
It goes in chronological order, XP, Vista, 7.

You cannot have XP7, and you said it had a number, thus, you probably have seven.

In which case I still have no idea because my computer never gave me that problem and I run on 7.
Hm... Have you tried to import any other Voice Banks into UTAU, and does it give you this problem? Because that might call for a re-install.

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
It goes in chronological order, XP, Vista, 7.

You cannot have XP7, and you said it had a number, thus, you probably have seven.

In which case I still have no idea because my computer never gave me that problem and I run on 7.
Hm... Have you tried to import any other Voice Banks into UTAU, and does it give you this problem? Because that might call for a re-install.
Not to be mean, but i didnt mean xp 7.. i meant to hit the ',' i have no clue, how can i find out/ im not psitive that its 7..i thought it had a number, im just not sure, and i havet downloaded any other banks to put in. I want to try and get Kokoro working bfore i try to get another on there, so i know if i shoud just delete all of her files.(which i may not but if the file not found keeps happening i just might have to..)

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Oh, oops, I didn't mean to sound like a dick; sorry. I was kind of saying that more to myself than anything.

Hm. I was just thinking, maybe you should see if it's a problem with UTAU or a problem with Kokoro, because you won't have to delete Kokoro's files at all if it's UTAU, you'll just have to re-install UTAU or try a ZIP/different version of UTAU.
So if you download another UTAU (a small bank, one you're fond of, any bank at all) and try to put it into UTAU and still get File not Found, it's got nothing to do with Kokoro, and she's safe?

I can't think of anything else you can do.

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
Oh, oops, I didn't mean to sound like a dick; sorry. I was kind of saying that more to myself than anything.

Hm. I was just thinking, maybe you should see if it's a problem with UTAU or a problem with Kokoro, because you won't have to delete Kokoro's files at all if it's UTAU, you'll just have to re-install UTAU or try a ZIP/different version of UTAU.
So if you download another UTAU (a small bank, one you're fond of, any bank at all) and try to put it into UTAU and still get File not Found, it's got nothing to do with Kokoro, and she's safe?

I can't think of anything else you can do.

I've re-intalled UTAU about 5 different times, and it still says it when i try to put her in it. I downloaded Momo, and it did the exact same thing. I'm starting to think Kokoro's messing up UTAU for me, and even when i tried to make her say 'a' and 'nya' it was Defoko's voice. yet Kokoro isn't in Defoko's voice folder..

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
What in the heck...

I don't even know if it's UTAU or your computer or what because--???
Oh.

OH.

Are you running UTAU as Administrator?

Teto's Territory
Halo link said:
What in the heck...

I don't even know if it's UTAU or your computer or what because--???
Oh.

OH.

Are you running UTAU as Administrator?

Well, im the only one on my laptop, o I guess I am?

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Ah, even if you are an administrator, you need to right click the UTAU icon and select "Run as Administrator", otherwise it can't access anything.

Maybe it's that!

Teto's Territory
New problem, I clicked 'Run as Administrator nd it aid something i think the word was depicincy (fail, lool) or whatever, and it woldn't open.. Now i think i reall did do something bad to UTAU..

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
When you click "Run as Admin", a box will pop up. You need to press yes or UTAU won't open.

Teto's Territory
Oh, I did. But then that box came up saying that word that begins with a 'D' and UTAU wouldn't open..and with my cracked screen, i cannot see what it says.. i'm not sure if i messed up UTAU or not..
35a966q.png

Halo

Icon by Wanpuccino @ DA
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Oh, that error. You just need to download "COMDLG32.OCX" and shove it in your SysWOW64 folder.