First work with Utau ever: Me forcing Ritsu to sing in English

Talentless-kun

Momo's Minion
Just as the title says. Since I'm new to the program I thought going for a challenge would help me get used to it.

It's Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Aside from being an easy song I chose this so I can push my (super basic) knowledge of reading sheet music.

I used Ritsu's strong voicebank. I was thinking about using the voicebank mentioned here http://utaforum.net/threads/ritsu-cv-vc-english-tutorial.8960/ but I didn't have the time to download a new voicebank and I'm not quite sure how appends work yet.

When I made this it originally had a 120 tempo, but Japanese Utaloids/Vocaloids tend to sound better when they have time to pronounce each word correctly. If you think it should be faster let me know!

UST: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ex4b7r1z8h1g1xe/Twinkeru_slow_tempo.ust
Youtube video:

(No instrumentals because it was surprisingly hard to find one that matched my tempo perfectly)

Did I do good? What can I improve upon.

xseerx

Teto's Territory
I'd say you did pretty well for your first time o3o
you should use crossfade to make it sound smoother though
(press ctrl-A and press crossfade. Crossfade is the button that says P2P3 at the top right)

Avalia-Kasa

probably a potato tbh
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Another tip: "o" would work even better than "e" for "twinkle." Japanese o's aren't as rounded so it gets that schwa sound (in "kle") you're looking for.
Also if one word ends with a consonant and the next a vowel, or even the same consonant, you could just use the same one (up above = a pa ba vu)
For ending r's i'm not sure what would work. Usually for "air" ea seems to work best but I'm still experimenting with others. "u" seems to work if you don't mind the accent.

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
in "little" and most places where there's a "t" in the middle of a word, it's pronounced as a "d" (at least w/ american pronunciation). also, diamond is more like just "dai-mend." however it sounds good overall! I think the biggest issue is crossfade, as mentioned previously.

(edit: wow, sorry for necroposting... how did I not realize this thread was so old lol)