Five Nights at Freddy's

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Anyone else playing/played it? Love it? Hate it? Both?

I'm hopelessly stuck on Night 4. I don't know why I even bother with it, because I'm terrrrrible with jump scares. The main reason I'm drawn to it is probably the fandom that seemed to develop overnight.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oh I was coasting in the FNaF fandom back weeks ago when it got popular from LPs of the demo/Desura release. Eagerly awaited release on Steam, greenlighted it, showed it to all my friends, discussed other Steam Greenlight forum goers everything under the sun (it was very fun watching and helping uncover secrets in the game, though it was really impressive when some people decoded the demonic voice from Night 5)… unfortunately I've really tapped out on it.

What's sad though is that I haven't played it myself - I bought it on Steam but I only have a MAC, the only PC in the house is ancient 2004 technology. But ah well I wanted to support Scott and to someday force my friends to play it though the hype has really died down and if you've watched any videos of Night 5/6/7 you know the winning strategy and lose all the fun of a panicked newcommer.

I was drawn to it because it's terrifying. As a little kid you have no idea how scared I was of Chuckie, when we went to Disney World I also refused to go near Mickey Mouse. Animatronics are scary and this game is scary. And all the touches like Golden Freddie and the changing signs make it even better. I bet if I played it I'd still panic even though I know how to win. :'D I'm an utter wimp who can't even read a manga of The Ring without being terrified.

gomen for rant
Basically I absolutely love this game, so happy it's gotten so popular, and thuogh it's mega early to say this, I eagerly await any kind of sequel Scott makes.

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Knowing the strategy hasn't really made that much of a difference to me while playing it. I even looked up advice on how to beat Night 4 and I'm still stuck because I either panic and use up my power or forget to check Foxy. XP Plus Chica randomly disappears on me and I can't figure out where she is (unless she's standing in the kitchen not making any noise). I still fall for the jump scares, even though I turned the volume all the way down (though at this point I get freaked out more by the scare chord that plays when they're right outside the door).

Scott's already in the process of making the sequel, so it's not too early :wink:

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Totally in love with it. Played the demo and then watched Markplier play the rest, because I'm a cheapo.
Love the unique concept and ability to use jumpscares so effectively. Can't wait for his sequel!

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Markiplier's videos were how I found out about the game in the first place :uhuhu:

I'm curious about how the sequel will work. I have this feeling that it's going to be something almost completely different from the original. When I think about it, I'm kind of expecting it to be like Portal 2. More story driven, more complex mechanics. I also kind of want less jump scares because I still haven't gotten over them

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
I wasn't ever sure how sequel-y it would be in the first. If this sequel becomes the Portal 2 to Portal, well man, I'll have a new favourite horror game. Wonder if Mike will still be our hero. How can you deny the jumpscare? Love the jumpscare. Be the jumpscare.

Ono

Teto's Territory
I haven't played the game myself but I did watch one of the LPers (Dlive) play it first thing when it came out. At first, it didn't really look appealing because you stay inside a security room and all you can do is flip through cameras and close the doors beside you. I didn't even know it was a horror game so the animatronics sneaking into the room almost killed me with an heart attack, lol;;;

The game is fun to watch but it gets old quick, imo.

FluoroLime

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I chickened out of watching Pewdiepie's LP. (gosh fluoro pour some concrete and harden up) Like, the animatronics started moving and I was like NOPE

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
FACK.

10681764_10154624786900055_220360155_n.jpg

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've only played the Demo, but I beat the demo levels pretty easily after watching Markiplier play.

SO. I know what the answer will be if I ask whether or not I should buy the game...
But - Should I buy it on Steam now, or should I wait for a sale?

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you've got five dollars to spare and you enjoyed the demo, I'd say go ahead and buy it. I got through the first three nights with few problems and I still haven't finished Night 4 weeks later :P

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you've got five dollars to spare and you enjoyed the demo, I'd say go ahead and buy it. I got through the first three nights with few problems and I still haven't finished Night 4 weeks later :tongue:
Thanks~
I've never bought anything on Steam before, and wanted some confirmation that it was worth the 5 bucks.
Also, good luck to you on beating night 4!!

Reactions: Tema

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Scott released a trailer for the sequel.

I'm not super super fond of the redesign at the moment, but I guess it might grow on me. I'm really curious to see how the game mechanics are going to work with no doors.

RollieRyttle

The Sensible NonSensical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Scott released a trailer for the sequel.

I'm not super super fond of the redesign at the moment, but I guess it might grow on me. I'm really curious to see how the game mechanics are going to work with no doors.

NOPE
NOPENOPENOPE

But besides that point, I think the redesign is pretty justified. They needed a reason to add a sequel since the original sub-story had Freddy Fazzbear's close down at the end of the year in which you do your five nights in the first game. It would make sense that someone else bought the company and revamped it in hopes of making more money, only to become another cheapskate who cheats you out of power, and now doors altogether.

Fear not however, you get a Character Suit from what I see in the video. It seems like that might be the new method of protecting you, since they won't think you're an exoskeleton out of its costume if you're in a costume. But your vision also seems limited by the mask portion that separates you from your pursuers. I doubt you can wear the mask forever either; it's probably nasty in there...

It seems so exciting, I can't wait!

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I just bought it.
I got an "it's me" hallucination at the start of night 2, and then a little later Foxy got me.
I can't go upstairs in my own house if it's dark now, I'm too scared. ;_;

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I also bought it like a week ago (just didn't get to play it at the time because of crappy computer :U) and I experienced 2 hallucinations in a row on the first night. .w.
Don't know if I can call this one a hallucination, but the first one was when looking at the Backstage camera and the heads were looking straight at the camera along with the endoskeleton. The second one was the poster in the West Hall, but it didn't turn into a poster of Golden Freddy, it was a poster showing Freddy ripping his own head off. Creepy. owo

I also got the "IT'S ME" hallucination on Night 2, but nothing happened afterwards. And then I quit after beating Night 2 because I'm a coward. xD
but now i wanna play through the next nights ;3;

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Markiplier posted a video of the sequel's demo. (I don't think it's available for the public now. I wonder if Scott's fixed Foxy's invincibility yet...)

fmccaddy12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I don't know if people know this, but Scott Cawthon (FFaF's Creator) posted a new picture on his website. Hint to FFaF 3, secret confermation?
Possibly :smile: