.frq and oto.ini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hare

Teto's Territory
Hello ^_^
So while this isn't preventing my UTAU or voicebank from working properly, I'm just wondering whether I'm missing something that should be there or if I've just missed out on some steps when making my voicebank. If anyone could explain it to me, I'd be very grateful!

First up, I was using a voicebank I myself had not created, and noticed in the folder there was .frq files for all the notes. Comparing it to mine, I don't have any of those, so I'm wondering whether they are supposed to be created when the frequency table is initialised?

Secondly, I've edited the oto.ini for my voicebank, but no text file appears in the folder. Is it supposed to be there, or do I move a blank .txt file into the folder, or do I write the thing up manually myself?

I'm planning to release my voicebank soon, so I'm guessing without all of this, it wouldn't work for other people whereas it's working for me? >.<

Thanks again for any help :smile:

Rai

Teto's Territory
Yes .frq files are meant to be created when initializing the frequency map, although they can vary between resamplers.

When you load your utau into the UTAU program, are the oto.ini settings present for each sample? If they are it should be okay to leave it since it's probably just hidden or something. Usually, however, the file is meant to be seen there, yes.

Hare

Teto's Territory
Thankyou very much, that's cleared a lot up for me :smile:
I did a bit of clicking around and found I can see all the .frq files and the oto when I go to to select the voicebank, and then select to show 'all files'. However, I can't copy these files to another location, and if I copy the folder in it's entirety to a different location, they won't show up there either :/
I'm going to try and upload the original folder online and then download it and see if they are present when I go to use it.

OK, so I fiddled some more, and I found I had to change all files I couldn't normally see to 'read only', and then copy the folder into another area of my computer. I lost the .wav files at the same time because I had to set them to read only, but I had copies, so just added them back in again. I copied the folder back into UTAU and everything seems fine, and all the files are visible.
....phew totally went into panic mode when I thought I lost all the .wav files ^^'''

Status
Not open for further replies.