".frq" Files Help (need a tutorial or something like this)

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Hello! I am willing to create my first voiced UTAU VB by July! It will also be multipitch VCV!

I'm buying a good microphone that is PC compatible. I know more or less how recording works, I can OTO VCV decently, I have done design and profile, I'll ask artwork for a friend...But I don't get the .frq thing.

I know that if you automatically generate .frq files, theu sound very good sometimes, they dont generate sometimes and sometimes the sample come noisy and strange. So, my questions are:

1-What is .frq at all? I know it is what resampler create to make notes play but what are they at all? Pre pitch/portamento config?

2-What can I do to fix .frq files? I know you can edit them, but not how

3-How to fix them, then?

Thank you!

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
1. Frq files are kinda a pitch config for the samples. That's how they seem to work to me.
2. To fix frq files you go to the oto window and hit the edit frq map button to open the frq window, in there you can edit the frq's. But I highly recomend the frq editor plugin since its easier to use.
3. You use the editor to make the line as consistant. Any sudden jumps up or down needs to be lined upp with the rest of the frq line.

Reactions: Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
1. Frq files are kinda a pitch config for the samples. That's how they seem to work to me.
2. To fix frq files you go to the oto window and hit the edit frq map button to open the frq window, in there you can edit the frq's. But I highly recomend the frq editor plugin since its easier to use.
3. You use the editor to make the line as consistant. Any sudden jumps up or down needs to be lined upp with the rest of the frq line.
Wow, this is really helpful!!! Thank you!!!!

Oz_

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Does it work for mac too? As faras I know UTAU-Synth doesn't support plugins.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If you install UTAU through wine, you can use the windows version, which will allow you to edit the FRQs that way.

Reactions: HulderBulder

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Does it work for mac too? As faras I know UTAU-Synth doesn't support plugins.
UTAU-Synth does not have ability to fix FRQ files.

However, you can fix FRQs in Mac if you run FRQeditor plug-in/program in an emulator. It has worked for me at least.

If you want that I explain how to make it work/how to use: Send me a private message.