Gahata Meiji Help -No Sound-

Jei

Momo's Minion
I'm new here, and there is only one reason I began using Utau: Gahata Meiji. When I heard her version of Anti-Beat, I knew I needed to use that voice. But despite ALL my efforts, I cannot get her to load properly. I've read every tutorial I can find. My locale is set to Japan, all unicode characters display correctly. I've tried loading a random sample in her folders, and it only plays that one sample. Silly me.

I read a multi-pitch voicebank tutorial that states that one sample must be left in the main folder to load all folders. I've done that. I've copy/pasted a sample and left it where it was and put a copy in the main folder. Still nothing. She'll load, but still no sound. Other voicebanks like Kazuko Yonagine will load just fine, but multi-pitch like Meiji and Makune Hachi won't make a single sound. The oto's and sound list all SEEM fine from what I've gathered, but I don't really have any way to know.

Does anyone have any experience with her specifically? I'm hoping it's just some simple, stupid thing I'm not getting. If anyone can tell me what's wrong, any help at all is greatly appreciated.

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
you simply are supposed to download here and place her into your voice folder, no changing around should be necessary.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432510196][/DOUBLEPOST]which voicebank are you trying to download and use?

Jei

Momo's Minion
歌幡メイジ‐Hunter‐ and -Lilith- most specifically. I mean that I put them in the 'voices' folder, but when doing the Bank Regist. and loading them into the project, they never make a sound. Sometimes あ.wav will play, but that's it and I can't adjust the length. And I am using IME, so there's no Romaji/Hiragana confusion happening. I just don't know what's wrong.

Also, I'm using Windows 8.

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
do other voicebanks work, and have you tried deleting, re-downloading, and reinstalling the voicebanks?
also, have you installed utau before or after you changed your locale?

Jei

Momo's Minion
So far, standard Uta and Kazuko Yonagine work just fine. I've installed and reinstalled Utau no less than ten times, all but one was after locale change. I am constantly removing the Meiji voicebanks and trying again with variations. No Luck.

Pupperoni Pizza

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
there should be no variation, simply drag an drop the voicebanks into the voice folder separately.
After that you should be able to use them with no editing.

Jei

Momo's Minion
Right, I should, but I can't. You know how Bank Regist. tells you to pick a .wav? When I do that, only the .wav I pick loads. Nothing else. And it's just a short note, I can't make it longer. I put a sample in the main folder to load ALL the folders, but then I get no sound at all.

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
If you put the voicebank in the voice folder with the program you don't have to register it in the Bank Register.

Jei

Momo's Minion
I... can. It's there. That's not the issue. It's inside Utau that the problem occurs.
[DOUBLEPOST=1432512790][/DOUBLEPOST]upload_2015-5-24_20-12-42.png

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
uhhh... pardon me but it seems you're using a CV ust on a VCV bank?
VCV banks only work on vcv ust or if you render with presamp. You can use either a plugin, edit it manually or use presamp to make it work.
The notes will have to appear like [- う] [u た] [a う] instead of [う] [た] [う]

Reactions: Kiyoteru and Jei

Jei

Momo's Minion
uhhh... pardon me but it seems you're using a CV ust on a VCV bank?
VCV banks only work on vcv ust or if you render with presamp. You can use either a plugin, edit it manually or use presamp to make it work.
The notes will have to appear like [- う] [u た] [a う] instead of [う] [た] [う]

( ̄- ̄ ; ) I'm stupid... You're awesome...

But as embarrassed as I am, I'm glad it was something simple like that. Thank you so much!

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Good thing it was something simple, but yea... You should always check the voicebank type before you try to use a UST as is.
- Check the site/wiki/readme to see whether the voicebank type is stated (CV, CVVC, VCV)
- Check the oto. This is good practice in general cause not all banks are configured perfectly
ば - banks without a dash in front are generally CV, or are CV compatible
- ば - banks with a dash in front of a phoneme can be either CVVC or VCV. CVVC will have both a dashed and undashed phoneme with transitions such as [a k] or [ak]. VCV will usually only have dashed phonemes (though some come without dashes as well) and transitions will look like [a ば], [i ば], etc.