German help?

Madam Meisaki

Certified Nohrian Scum
Defender of Defoko
I want to make a German Utau soon, but first, I need my pronunciation checked.
As part of my song's lyrics - Im gonna sing the words "Spritzen und Tabletten" because I cant think of any random German words lmao
Please listen to the audio and see if my German pronunciation is nice - and also please gimme advice!
Vocaroo.com

Panano

Momo's Minion
As someone who's in their second year of German, it sounds fine to me. You might want to work on your German accent a bit more, but otherwise you sound reasonably good. Then again, I'm not the best at German, so my input may not be very helpful.

Reactions: Madam Meisaki

Madam Meisaki

Certified Nohrian Scum
Defender of Defoko
AAaaaaaaa >.< Im not tryin ta be cute though!

As someone who's in their second year of German, it sounds fine to me. You might want to work on your German accent a bit more, but otherwise you sound reasonably good. Then again, I'm not the best at German, so my input may not be very helpful.
Thank you ;u; Its actually my first time tryin to speak German and Im taking pronounciation lessons from Google Translate lmao

Sylveranty

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It sounds fine, really :smile:

It sounds as if you're using your tongue for the "r" in "Spritzen" so it kinda makes you sound a bit more southern German/Austrian perhaps. That's alright ^^

Maybe you want to try to have a bit more open "u" in "und". More like the vowel in "good" or "foot" than in "food" if that helps.

Reactions: Madam Meisaki

Madam Meisaki

Certified Nohrian Scum
Defender of Defoko
It sounds fine, really :smile:

It sounds as if you're using your tongue for the "r" in "Spritzen" so it kinda makes you sound a bit more southern German/Austrian perhaps. That's alright ^^

Maybe you want to try to have a bit more open "u" in "und". More like the vowel in "good" or "foot" than in "food" if that helps.
Yes, I do use my tongue for the r sound lol. I kind of have that habit ever since I learned Japanese - sometimes it slips its way into my English too lmao.

Sylveranty

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Wow, you sure can reach some high notes!

Your pronunciation is really decent. Maybe you already know some of my advices already, but just felt it was a bit uncomfortable while singing:
- "Mädchen" could probably sound better if you'd say it with an "e" as in "bet" or "left" instead of "ah".
- German "w" is pronounced like "v" in English. So "warum" would be more like "varum"
- "st" and "sp" at the beginning of a German word are always pronounced "sht" and "shp". So e.g."Spielzeug" would be like "shpeel-tsoyk" in a more English writing style xD In the same way e.g. "stark" would be more like "shtak"

Some lyrics-related notes: (if you want them)
First, this may look like a lot, but all of these are really minor things! I'm only noting them because maybe you want to improve your lyrics more. This is like a lot of nitpicking from my side, the vast majority of your German lyrics is great! They are sad and tragic.

- "Sie können ihr Rufe nicht hören" should be "ihre Rufe". Here, maybe the lyrics could be changed to "Umgeben von Wänden schalldicht" which means "surrounded by walls, soundproof" (it'd be "schalldichten Wänden" in normal speech, but this is a song so one can be a bit more free with the construction)

- because this one: "Sie können nicht ihre Anrufe nicht hören" means "They can't hear her phone calls". Well, "Anruf" can also be used with the meaning of calling someone with a "shout", but most Germans will first think of a phone call when reading or hearing that word.
"Sie können ihre Rufe nicht hören" would be better (that's why I proposed to change the other line)

- Normally, it'd be "Sie konnte ihr Ziel nicht erreichen", but I guess in this case "konnte nicht" works as well. With the previous note, I still think "nicht hören" would be better than "können nicht", don't know why.

- Lastly, "Spruch" does mean "saying" but as a noun. "That saying is really neat." It's a line, a remark, a spell. As a verb, it'd be actually "sprechend" though "sagend" from the word "sagen" would be better. "sprechen" is more like "speak/talk/converse with someone".
If you want only one syllable there, maybe use "sagt" which implies a "sie sagt"/"she says".

I hope my suggestions can help you in any way.