Has anyone ever made an utau using a kid?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I know plenty UTAU that are voiced by children AND it's downloadable. sadly, not many VB voiced children aren't downloadable
  • 空音ライ/Akuoto Rai
Voiced by a kindergarten, CV VB his oto needs some working tho
You can listen him in NND right HERE
  • 暗鳴ミエル/Anna Mieru
Voiced by 9 years old girl, VCV VB

• 竹歌メロ/Mero Taketa
Voiced by 8 year old, CVVC VB

• 鉛筆音リンダ/Enpitsune Linda
According to what description says I calculated that in her latest CVVC VB update, the voicer was 12 years old.
(The original CV VB was recorded in 2010 when voicer was just 7 years old...!!!)

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
I know plenty UTAU that are voiced by children AND it's downloadable. sadly, not many VB voiced children aren't downloadable
  • 空音ライ/Akuoto Rai
Voiced by a kindergarten, CV VB his oto needs some working tho
  • 暗鳴ミエル/Anna Mieru
Voiced by 9 years old girl, VCV VB

• 竹歌メロ/Mero Taketa
Voiced by 8 year old, CVVC VB
  • 鉛筆音リンダ/Enpitsune Linda
According to what description says I calculated that in her latest CVVC VB update, the voicer was 12 years old.
(The original CV VB was recorded in 2010 when voicer was just 7 years old...!!!)

A VCV and CVVC UTAU voiced by children? That's an unusual sight. Most of them are CVs, since it's the easiest reclist.

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A VCV and CVVC UTAU voiced by children? That's an unusual sight. Most of them are CVs, since it's the easiest reclist.
Yeah, I think that a Child that is old enough to concentrate (at least 7 years old?), has skills to control voice (keep same tone, pitch etc) and having someone older UTAU user (often big sis or bro) helping and cheering then CVVC - or maybe even VCV - is possible.

The most simply way to record CVVC is just two syllables like "baba" or maybe even recording as CVC like "bab" if that is easier to a child. Both way works.

Reactions: Animé Fan
P

partial

I once tried to get my cousin, 9 at the time, to record an UTAU. It was a CV reclist, and she liked trying, but kept complaining that the reclist was long (lol) and that she wanted to skip to the part where she could use her vb. When she did, she wasn't very impressed with the robotic results, and when asked if she wanted to try a different way of recording she became very enthusiastic, but we never got around to it.

My little sister is about to get her own laptop. She's 10, and she is VERY eager to begin with Vocaloid! When I told her about UTAU and showed her mine and some videos of how it works, she became very, very excited to try UTAU. So I'll have to take some time to lend her my Yeti (not alone, of course) or buy her a microphone to get her on her feet. Probably just a standard Logitech microphone to start.

So yeah. I've tried, and will try again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nohkara

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I once tried to get my cousin, 9 at the time, to record an UTAU. It was a CV reclist, and she liked trying, but kept complaining that the reclist was long (lol) and that she wanted to skip to the part where she could use her vb. When she did, she wasn't very impressed with the robotic results, and when askes if she wanted to try a different way of recording she became very enthusiastic, but we never got around to it.

My little sister is about to get her own laptop. She's 10, and she is VERY eager to begin with Vocaloid! When I told her about UTAU and showed her mine and some videos of how it works, she because very, very excited to try UTAU. So I'll have to take some time to lend her my Yeti (not alone, of course) or buy her a microphone to get her on her feet. Probably just a standard Logitech microphone to start.

So yeah. I've tried, and will try again.
Must say that it's not an easy task to make a child or parents to record VB but good luck! ><

Reactions: partial

Sanjuuice

Momo's Minion
Supporter
Getting my little cousin to record his CVVC for Mero was a bit difficult and took a few tries but it's possible

Reactions: Nohkara