Help and criticism of my Microphone

Discussion in 'Requested VB Critiques' started by Haruna-Chan, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Haruna-Chan

Haruna-Chan Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    I'm about to start the recordings of my utau more do not know themselves the quality of the microphone this good, I'm using a kinect for xbox One to my recordings ( since this came with a microphone condesador decent and I don't have another microphone decent to use) but I don't know you the audio this good.

here is a sample of the provider's voice with this microphone (kinect) without editing any:

here the same voice that is used on utau:

UST Dear By TheDrunkRecruit
    Voice By Leciano Araujo

So what I say has as I improve the quality of this microphone, or this good as well ?

3. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'd say the mic isn't really too bad sounding but it is noticeably a bit muffled (not that much though, it might just be the recordings) Then again, I have low standards for mics. I personally would still download a voice at that clarity quality if it sounded nice. It'd probably be harder to notice the muffling when mixed in with music and could probably be made clearer with some compression.

I'm not an expert at mics, though, but I'd say if you could help it to get one meant for music. If it's all you can get though I think it's acceptable.

Haruna-Chan likes this.
  4. Haruna-Chan

Haruna-Chan Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Thank you very much, your answer was very useful, good I'm not going to use the kinect to make the recordings vo opitar to use my tablet the same, it is less stuffy and has an isolation better.

5. 수연 <Suyeon>

수연 <Suyeon> Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I would advise investing in an actual mic made for vocal recording. The Kinect is made for issuing commands to a game and tablets and smartphones are made for phone calls/skype and have tinny sound quality (because they're made to be small). I can't tell you what mic is best to buy cause it all boils down to budget, voicetype, and opinion, etc. I just know that I wouldn't recommend a Snowball or a Yeti - you could get better and cheaper mics than those 2.

6. TakeruInudo

TakeruInudo Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    For a beginning mic I suggest getting the Samson C01U mic, it a a great beginning vocal mic & the quality is very good for a medium/low cost. I myself got the Samson C01U (the original, the Pro version wasn't made at the time) & I was very impressed by the quality.
    My NeeNeeko-chan was made with the old version of Samson C01U & I was surprised on how clear she came out.

Here is how the old Samson sounded with normal recording

So I do highly sujest to get the Samson C01U Pro, it's about $90-$100 but it's still worth (I am planning to get it hopefully soon)
    https://www.amazon.com/Samson-C01U-...id=1474110835&sr=8-1&keywords=samson+c01u+pro

If you want to save some money you can still buy the old model here
    https://www.amazon.com/Samson-C01UC...7_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8CNKTRABR6CQEPAXB7BW

7. 수연 <Suyeon>

수연 <Suyeon> Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    The CAD U37 is more or less the same - quality-wise - as the Samson C01U and can be gotten for less than half the price. The mic alone is $36. It will cost about $70 if you get the package that includes the pop filter and headphones (I recommend just doing that, rather than wait for a separate filter and you can never go wrong with an extra set of earphones/headphones).