Help, please, UTAU doesn't play any note

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Hi, all. I'm a newbie in UTAU and here, I'm not sure if it's against the rules to post here without previously introducing yourself on the Introductions forum, but I really need help. I installed the UTAU software just yesterday, but since then I've been getting this error message every time I write a note and try to play it:

De9QQTc.png

The Japanese part means "path not found".

And this is not only with Defoko, it seems to happen with any VB. I don't know why this is happening, everything seems to be correct. In my first try, I only set my locale in Japanese after the program has already been installed, but after realising that, I uninstalled it (not deleting the UTAU folder beforehand), redownloaded it and installed it again, but nothing changed. I've done this multiple times now (taking care to not screw up something), but things remain the same. I searched about it on the internet, but haven't found someone with the same problem as mine, so I was wondering if any of you could help me with this. I want to start using UTAU without problem and maybe create a VB myself someday, but this is really discouraging.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Where is UTAU installed? Try moving it out of Program Files to somewhere else, like your desktop.
You could also try going to Tools > Options > Rendering > Check "No batch file for rendering"

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
I've already tried to move it out of Program Files, where it's installed, so I know this is not the problem, but I did what you said about cheking the "No batch file for rendering" option (I was a bit wary of it because it said it's a "not recommended" option) and the error message changed to "Failed to generate a wav file. Please check the settings.", which I think at least gives more of a clue of what may be wrong, but I still don't have much of a idea of what to do.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Nothing has changed still... Now I'm just getting the same "Failed to generate a wav file" message every time I play any note with any VB. I've tried various things, but nothing seems to work :/

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
Where are your voicebanks located and what resampler and wavtool are you using (and where are those located)?

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Where are your voicebanks located and what resampler and wavtool are you using (and where are those located)?
The voicebanks are located in "voice", the resampler and wavtool are the same as always (resampler.exe and wavtool.exe), they're located inside the "UTAU" folder as normal. I didn't change anything, really, so I have no idea why this is happening.

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
The voicebanks are located in "voice", the resampler and wavtool are the same as always (resampler.exe and wavtool.exe), they're located inside the "UTAU" folder as normal. I didn't change anything, really, so I have no idea why this is happening.
Move your voicebanks into your documents folder. IIRC UTAU can't actually access voicebanks in the voice folder on Windows 10 for some weird reason.

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Move your voicebanks into your documents folder. IIRC UTAU can't actually access voicebanks in the voice folder on Windows 10 for some weird reason.
UTAU can't access them from my documents folder, it gives a error message with "Invalid voice setting" every time I try to open them, it seems to only accept them in places that require admin rights to open/move stuff. Anyway, I've tried to move the voicebanks to another folder, but the same error persists when I try to play notes ("Failed to generate a wav file"). Honestly, I think it's better to give up at this point...

P

partial

What all files are in your main UTAU folder?

Have you tried using an English bank, or a bank that accepts romaji?

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
What all files are in your main UTAU folder?

Have you tried using an English bank, or a bank that accepts romaji?
Yes, all files are in the main UTAU folder as far as I'm concerned.

I've tried using a bank that uses romaji, but not English. I don't think that changes anything, though...

P

partial

Right click on resampler, make sure it isn't read-only. Do the same with wavtool, and UTAU.

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Right click on resampler, make sure it isn't read-only. Do the same with wavtool, and UTAU.
Yeah, they're all executable.

As a test, I've installed UTAU in my brother's PC and it worked first-try, the only difference between my PC and his is that his PC is 32bits, and mine is 64, they both run on Windows 10. I wish I could point out some significant difference beyond this one, but there is none as far as I know.

P

partial

Yeah, they're all executable.

As a test, I've installed UTAU in my brother's PC and it worked first-try, the only difference between my PC and his is that his PC is 32bits, and mine is 64, they both run on Windows 10. I wish I could point out some significant difference beyond this one, but there is none as far as I know.
My Windows PC is also x64 bit, and I have never had these problems. Now that I've noticed this thread I feel sorta determined to fix this.

Can you screenshot each tab of your settings in UTAU for me and post here?
Can you also screenshot your UTAU folder, your Project Configuration settings (the thing that appears when you open a new UTAU window)?

Are you the only account on your computer?

It may be possible an antivirus is flagging something. What antivirus do you have?

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
No, the account I'm using is not the only one on my notebook, but it's an admin account.

The only antivirus I'm using at the moment is Windows Defender, I've checked it and it doesn't seem to be causing this problem...

I'm glad you're trying to help me, but I feel bad for you because I fear this may be a waste of your time (sorry if I'm being too pessimistic), but here are the screenshots you asked for:

I hope I'm not doing some silly mistake...

P

partial

Nah, it's cool. I got very frustrated when I tried Linux once, so I understand the pessimism. It's ok.

Nothing.....seems to be weird.
Can you screenshot your voicebank folder?

Make sure your folders are like
utau > voice > example vb > [oto and wavs and such], and not like utau > voice > example vb > example vb > [oto and wavs and such]
[doublepost=1494181407][/doublepost]Can you show the properties of utau.exe, too? It may help

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
I don't think I even have to screenshot it, it's ordered exactly like you said (UTAU > voice > voicebank > voicebank files), I made sure not to make mistakes.

Something that may be of help... In one of my many attempts to fix this problem, I uninstalled UTAU and set my locale back to normal, then I installed it again and found out that I wasn't receiving any error messages, although everything was in mojibake. I could play notes, but, instead of receiving a error message, I couldn't hear Defoko singing them, which seems to be a common error. But I didn't test it with another voicebank because I thought it would be useless to be able to play notes without hiragana (and possibly without hearing them anyway), so I uninstalled UTAU again and set my locale to Japanese to install it again (then the error messages came back). I don't know if I'm making some mistake here, but this program seems to make no sense, I think it needs to be updated/fixed, Idk.

P

partial

So your locale is in Japanese currently?

Have you made sure to check your calendar settings?

control panel > date and time > change calendar settings > decimal symbol (assuming your computer language is english)
Make sure it's actually a decimal, and not a comma.

UH1TzHC.png

P

partial

Wow, that's odd.....

Have you tried completely deleting UTAU, folders and all, and installing it somewhere else? Not moving the UTAU folder, but flat out installing to another location? check the .dlls in the folder, make sure they're not read-only.

When you download UTAU to install, do you download the installer file itself, or the zip installer right below it? If you're getting the zip installer, make sure you're unblocking it in the properties before you extract it, just in case.

If you've already tried that, I think the next step is to try to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 8 or Windows 7.

If all else fails, here's my UTAU folder. Try placing it in your Documents and running it from there, but leave the UTAU version you already have just in case.

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Have you tried completely deleting UTAU, folders and all, and installing it somewhere else? Not moving the UTAU folder, but flat out installing to another location? check the .dlls in the folder, make sure they're not read-only.
Yep, I've tried it and it didn't work.

When you download UTAU to install, do you download the installer file itself, or the zip installer right below it? If you're getting the zip installer, make sure you're unblocking it in the properties before you extract it, just in case.
It's always the zip installer, I didn't know you could download the lastest version in any other way... But how do you "unblock" it in the properties?

If you've already tried that, I think the next step is to try to run it in compatibility mode for Windows 8 or Windows 7.
Yep, I've already tried this, didn't work.

If all else fails, here's my UTAU folder. Try placing it in your Documents and running it from there, but leave the UTAU version you already have just in case.
For whatever reason, I'm unable to open UTAU in any place that doesn't require admin rights (it triggers a bunch of error messages that can only be stopped if you use Task Manager to close the program), so I can't open it when it's installed in Documents. In fact, I'm surprised that you guys can open UTAU in Documents, here it doesn't work at all. I'll try to replace my UTAU folder with yours in Program Files, maybe it works.