Help, please, UTAU doesn't play any note

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
The fact that you can't get UTAU to run from your Documents folder means that there seems to be some NTFS permissions going on since it is your user and it supposed to allow you to run anything from there.

It seems that Windows messed up its security settings. Have you tried making a new account to see if it still encounters the same problem? You may need to reset the security permissions on the computer, or maybe change the UAC settings for the user (though I doubt that'll solve the issue) but let's try simpler methods first.

P

partial

The fact that you can't get UTAU to run from your Documents folder means that there seems to be some NTFS permissions going on since it is your user and it supposed to allow you to run anything from there.

It seems that Windows messed up its security settings. Have you tried making a new account to see if it still encounters the same problem? You may need to reset the security permissions on the computer, or maybe change the UAC settings for the user (though I doubt that'll solve the issue) but let's try simpler methods first.
I hadn't even thought about NTFS permissions! Nice! I hope that's it.
[doublepost=1494186691][/doublepost]
Yep, I've tried it and it didn't work. It's always the zip installer, I didn't know you could download the lastest version in any other way... But how do you "unblock" it in the properties?
Right click on your zip or rar archive, go to properties. Tick the box that says 'unblock', hit Apply, and then OK.
Y73K0j2.png

But you should look into changing permissions, as VocAddict said above.

Reactions: VocAddict

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Wow, it worked... I installed UTAU on another account and it ran without problems, so the problem really is with my account's security settings. Thanks, VocAddict. But how do I reset the security permissions in my account? Having to switch accounts just to use UTAU seems a bit inconvenient. Sorry if I'm being too noob here, I'm not that great with computers.

(And sorry for the late response, I got too tired and end up sleeping without realizing.)

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
I'm getting the same error messages... why does life hate me like this.

I guess I'll have to switch accounts to use UTAU, then.

P

partial

I'm getting the same error messages... why does life hate me like this.

I guess I'll have to switch accounts to use UTAU, then.
I would at least copy your personal files to that other account. Maybe use it as your main?

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
I would at least copy your personal files to that other account. Maybe use it as your main?
Actually, accessing this other account's files without having to switch is easier, I guess... Moving/copying my personal files to there is a bit troublesome because there really are tons of stuff, and I think I would have to reinstall some things too (if I were to transform it in my main). I guess this is enough for now, thank you all who helped me, I'm sorry for the time you lost in this.

P

partial

Where on the second account is utau installed? Program files, or elsewhere?

Is it possible to access that UTAU (if it isn't in program files) from your main account and have it work?

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
Where on the second account is utau installed? Program files, or elsewhere?
Documents folder.

Is it possible to access that UTAU (if it isn't in program files) from your main account and have it work?
Yeah, I tested it now and guess I was wrong... I can't use it from my main account without getting errors. Shoot.

Sagami Riku

Momo's Minion
That is so odd.

Maybe see if this can help. http://techgenix.com/understanding-windows-ntfs-permissions/

On the bright side, something was figured out, which brings us closer to fixing the problem!!
The problem is that I don't see nothing wrong with my permissions, but I don't know if I'm looking in the right places... Anyway, I have to go now, I'm going to be busy tomorrow, later I see if I can fix this. And once again, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!

Tomato Hentai

dont call me a veggie
Defender of Defoko
Can I suggest something else if this doesn't work? This might also be a bit of a pain in the ass, but you can set up a Windows XP virtual machine in VirtualBox just for UTAU if you don't want to switch accounts.
EDIT: I can write a tutorial on how to set it up properly once I get home.

P

partial

Can I suggest something else if this doesn't work? This might also be a bit of a pain in the ass, but you can set up a Windows XP virtual machine in VirtualBox just for UTAU if you don't want to switch accounts.
EDIT: I can write a tutorial on how to set it up properly once I get home.
I'd honestly be interested in knowing how to do this, too, even though I have no issues with UTAU. Haha.