Help with CVVC

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hey^^ I recorded my utau new voicebank, an upgrade of his principal append, STORM, even if I released the act 2 a month ago because that voicebank had different problems.
I decided to use a CVVC list, because for me is easier to preserve the same power in the voice on shorter recordings, and I found a very short one that was very fluid (there were a sample made by the one who wrote the reclist with his/her utau).
I recorded a 7 pitches powerscale and it sounds nice, but it works only if I set the CVVC plug in with the slow preset, otherwise it sounds choppy.
The problem is that with this preset the notes that are too fast becomes CV and they doesn't sound nice.
I think that my utau don't work with the normal preset because of the oto... how can I fix it? If you could do it for me I can pay you with DA points, but also tips to solve this problem are welcome^^
Thank you all so much :smile:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You do indeed want to check the oto, Sarcaustic recently did a teaching session regarding CVVC otoing and it was archived on youtube.

There are a lot of other CVVC otoing tutorials out there that you can also use for reference, but Jer is legendarily good at this stuff.

Reactions: oteto

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hello!
If you want I can teach you, that video goes over otos somewhere but it's not very good n_n;;
I plan on getting a few people together and doing a hangout ifnyou want in, I'll probably end up doing it within the hour.

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You do indeed want to check the oto, Sarcaustic recently did a teaching session regarding CVVC otoing and it was archived on youtube.

There are a lot of other CVVC otoing tutorials out there that you can also use for reference, but Jer is legendarily good at this stuff.

Thank you^^ I'll watch it later... now I have to go out^^
Hello!
If you want I can teach you, that video goes over otos somewhere but it's not very good n_n;;
I plan on getting a few people together and doing a hangout ifnyou want in, I'll probably end up doing it within the hour.
Hey^^ Thank you for your offer, but I have a doubt... I know that you're good with CVVC so I'll ask you... I don't know if the real problem is the oto or the recordings... could you only check what the problem is if I send you the voicebank, please?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Well I'm going to do the hangout either way so you are free to attend if you tell me your gmail.
And I suppose, send it and I'll try to look when I get around to it.

Last edited:

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Well I'm going to do the hangout either way so you are free to attend if you tell me your gmail.
And I suppose, send it and I'll try to look when I get around to it.
Ok... thank you^^... later I'll send you a PM