Hi!

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
Hello! I'm takjuju1. I love art, music, gaming, and anything electronic. So you can see why UTAU interests me! I did recently make a voicebank, and put together a few covers to test it out. The UTAUloid is going to be named Victor Reinheld, but i need some help with getting this all done. First off, I got everything ready, but i need to get his character design done. I use a mac, and therefore use UTAU-synth... what's a good free program for drawing him? Also, don't know what to label my voicebank as... i've heard terms like "CVC" but i don't know what these mean. To make my Voicebank i just went to the Wikipedia page for Hiragana and recorded all of the syllables if that helps... Also... is there a way to make the gui in UTAU-Synth english? I've been able to manage without english so far, but i fear i might need it in the future.... That's really all i think i need to know as far as getting started goes... But this seems to be a really good community and i can't wait to get started with this!! :D

~tak

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Welcome!
I know of two free art programs that are nice to use. Gimp and fire alpaca (not sure if I spelled the last one right). They both support layering and have some nifty tools. Gimp has support for importing brushes other people made for the program. But I'm not sure if fire alpaca has it yet.

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Hi! Get the english patch or utau 4.18e.....welcome aboard! Hwup! Didnt see synth....

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hika421 (a member here) made an English patch for UTAU-Synth. Unfortunately, due to the server crash, her post with the link to the download isn't available anymore. You could send her a private message or check her profile for contact info, and she could probably help you out.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
RE:

Now, is there a way I have to submit my UTAU? I noticed that the UTAUloids each have a wiki page... What what is this Cvvc stuff? I see it a lot but I don't know what it refers to...

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
I'm assuming you're asking for a place to upload the voicebank. There are several file sharing sites that will do the trick. The most common ones I've seen are mediafire and 4shared.
As for the CVVC and such. It's refering to how the bank was recorded and how to use them.

CV is the basic consonant + vovel, and are usually recorded as sepparet files (one file for "ka" and one for "ko" ect.). When using a CV the notes will look like this "ka"

VCV require vovels before the consonant + vovel. It's to make the transitions between the notes more natual and smooth. VCV banks are noticeably larger in file size, and usually have uniform oto settings. When using a VCV bank the notes will looks something like this "a ka"

CVVC is mostly used in english bank, and have ending consonants. CVVC is also used in japanese banks, but are slightly different in recording and otoing. Most of japanese CVVC banks thend to be recorded like this "kakakekikokuk". they require less amount of recordings and tend to give the same smoothness as VCV when done correctly. They are otoed just like CV with the exeption for the VC endings. When using a CVVC bank the notes will look like this ("a k" "ka").

^^; I hope it explained some of the things without looking too complicated. A basic thing to remember is that C stands for consonant and V stands for vovel.

And if you were asking on how to make a wiki page instead, here is a link explaining how to do it.

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
RE:

Hello, and welcome to the forums!

OK, so you're talking about UTAU-Synth.

There was an English patch, but it was hosted on this site and unfortunately, many of the posts were lost in the recent board corruption. Depending on how old it is though, it may still be there. It's worth checking around!

Also, just a couple of things to note about UTAU-Synth:

-It is e x t r e m e l y buggy. I wish you luck in using it!

-Also, UTAU-Synth gives the ability to place notes on top of notes.... don't do that. It sounds horrible 99% of the time, but if you have figured out how to work it, then congrats!!

Welcome to the forum and the UTAU community, I hope you have fun!

takjuju1 said:
Now, is there a way I have to submit my UTAU? I noticed that the UTAUloids each have a wiki page... What what is this Cvvc stuff? I see it a lot but I don't know what it refers to...

Well, not ALL UTAUloids need to have a wiki page. It can be good promotion, but it isn't necessary by any means.

If you would like to make a wiki page, though, use the new wiki over at wikidot-

www.utau.wikidot.com

It's much more organized and easy to use~

And CVVC stands for Consonant-Vowel-Vowel-Consonant. Just another recording type~

Although I would recommend starting out with CV and working your way up to creating VCV (Vowel-Consonant-Vowel) and CVVC banks, as CV are rather simple.

VCVs are simple to configure, but the recording can be a pain in the neck, depending on how you go about it.

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
samth1815 said:

There was an English patch, but it was hosted on this site and unfortunately, many of the posts were lost in the recent board corruption. Depending on how old it is though, it may still be there. It's worth checking around!

-Also, UTAU-Synth gives the ability to place notes on top of notes.... don't do that. It sounds horrible 99% of the time, but if you have figured out how to work it, then congrats!!

takjuju1 said:

Well, not ALL UTAUloids need to have a wiki page. It can be good promotion, but it isn't necessary by any means.

If you would like to make a wiki page, though, use the new wiki over at wikidot-

www.utau.wikidot.com

And CVVC stands for Consonant-Vowel-Vowel-Consonant. Just another recording type~

Although I would recommend starting out with CV and working your way up to creating VCV (Vowel-Consonant-Vowel) and CVVC banks, as CV are rather simple.

VCVs are simple to configure, but the recording can be a pain in the neck, depending on how you go about it.

Guys i made my voicebank about a week prior to joining this Forum... In fact, i need your opinions on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaDK8mgGLz8
Using UTAU-Synth seems to working fine for me, I'm actually finding it easier to use! And based on what you guys said, Victor's VB would be CV.... Also, I was wanting to know what the easiest way to make an english voicebank, I'm not entirely familiar with japanese and therefore would only be able to put together japanese Covers, but i could easily write english lyrics...

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
takjuju1 said:
samth1815 said:

takjuju1 said:

www.utau.wikidot.com

Guys i made my voicebank about a week prior to joining this Forum... In fact, i need your opinions on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaDK8mgGLz8
Using UTAU-Synth seems to working fine for me, I'm actually finding it easier to use! And based on what you guys said, Victor's VB would be CV.... Also, I was wanting to know what the easiest way to make an english voicebank, I'm not entirely familiar with japanese and therefore would only be able to put together japanese Covers, but i could easily write english lyrics...

I looooooove his tone! Just a few things I'd like to note though-

The R samples shouldn't be pronounced as English R's. Here is a great tutorial on how to pronounce them- link

In all honesty, most users would probably be OK if you just said them as L's :smile:

OK, English voicebank. From what Myst has told me, otoing them is easy, but recording can be hard at first. Plus there are a TON of samples to record. I'll just go ahead and mention her, since she might be able to shed some light on the subject-

@MystSaphyr

And last thing, on the picture in the video I noticed you have ヴィクター there.

While this is technically correct, it might be easier if you used ビクター (Bikutā), since while V sounds CAN be written in Japanese, they are seldom used.

Hope I helped~

EDIT: It seems it didn't do the mention thing with Myst's username. I'll try to send her a message later with a link to this thread.

Spiffy Films

Spiffy Films
samth1815 said:

While this is technically correct, it might be easier if you used ビクター (Bikutā), since while V sounds CAN be written in Japanese, they are seldom used.

Hope I helped~

EDIT: It seems it didn't do the mention thing with Myst's username. I'll try to send her a message later with a link to this thread.
Well, i think i might keep it since i already had my dad spend about an hour to photoshop so i think I'll keep it as is...

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
takjuju1 said:
samth1815 said:

Hope I helped~

Well, i think i might keep it since i already had my dad spend about an hour to photoshop so i think I'll keep it as is...

Oh right right that's ok, I just meant for future reference~

And technically Vikutā is ok, it is just less common, so it can be used if you desire (I'm no teacher of the Japanese language, hah)