how can i record a multipitch cv bank or kire ?

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
so basiclly i want to make utau sing rock songs and i want to make a multipitch or kire bank but i can only do a cv bank at the moment so any tips would help alot thanks

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
record one CV with a deep voice
record one CV with a normal voice
record one CV with a high voice

Add arrows to the aliases
put the folders with those banks in them in the same folder
there you go.

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
You put a down arrow for your deep/low voice set and an up arrow for your high voice set. You don't put any arrows for your normal voice set. If arrows don't work you could also use the plus and minus sign.

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
but what if the usts dont have arrows and i still want to use a multipitch ? and also instead of recording every voicebank can i just pitch the current voice banks to make it multipitch ?

moonst4r

Witch of the Night
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
USTs don't need arrows in them for mulitpitch to work, that's what the prefix map is for.

This is how I did my multipitch voicebank, I record low, normal, and high voicebanks each in a different folder all in a big folder. I put a ↑ in all the file names for my high set and a ↓ in the file names for my low set.

Go to tools>edit prefix.map Add an up arrow in the suffix for all the notes when you want the high voicebank notes to be used and a down arrow for all the notes for when you want the low voicebanks to be used. For example I put an up arrow for the suffix in all the notes from C5 and up and a down arrow in all the notes from B3 and down.

To load a voicebank, open the voicebank in the folder containing the folders of all the voicebanks and when you use a UST, it will automatically be multipitch.

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Prefix map doesn't read the arrows in the file anymore, so it's best to put the arrows in the alias.

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
ok so this is what i did i recorded 3 bank 1 high 1 normal and 1 low and i put all the high notes into one folder with an up arrow in all the alias then i put the normal samples into another folder with nom arrows and same with the low sample i just added down arrows in the alias. for the low bank and i put all three into one folder but when i put it into the utau voice folder they all separate into individual banks so im kinda confused

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
If it helps, you can put one wav file in the folder they're all in, and select that. Then all three banks will open in UTAU as one.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUNHFqQzh8g[/video]

That might help you.

meichan

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
For CV it will not cause many problems, but for VCV, it will make the bank slower to load and messier to work with.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't see problems with it all being in one bank? Perhaps if your computer doesn't run well - mine isn't fantastic, and though sometimes I get lag from loading some banks I think it's worth it to have it all together. But the most efficient way (in my opinion) of packaging multipitch is to have this layout

Voicebank Folder
  • Main Pitch samples
  • Main Pitch oto
> >Folder of Extra Pitch #1
  • Extra Pitch samples
  • Extra Pitch oto

so on and so forth

That way people just download one bank and it's all there. The otos all compile when you open the voicebank in UTAU, so don't worry about that.

And as a side note, you don't have to do arrows or plus/minuses. If you do more than two extra pitches that no longer works (and I just prefer this overall) - you can use letters and numbers. If your high pitch is recorded at C4 you figure out, rename the folder C4 and have the alias be C4. I find that easier because you have to copy/paste arrows (plus/minus is exempt from that) and it works beyond two extra pitches.

Again, personal preferences. If you find you like the other things go with those.

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
okmso i put the other pitch folders into my main vb folder and stil utau puts them as separet voicebank i have an older version of utau maybe thats why ? i cant download any oother utau i dont know why my computer wont let me :A:

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
...How are you opening banks in UTAU? There are two ways to do so, and I never use the other way so it may cause that to happen I'm guessing? And I'm thinking you're using 2.76 - I still use that edition because I don't trust the 4.0 series too much.

The way I do it is going to Project Properties and just selecting a voicebank from the Voice folder that is in the main UTAU folder. Nothing more.
But I know that with older versions of UTAU (and some people still do this) Tools > Option > Bank Regist. to enter your voicebank into the program. If you're going down that way maybe that's why it's happening.

i actually just use zip utau (it's installed, but i don't use it's program directory) so maybe that's why my simple selection method works? i dunno

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
this how i import a bank i open the utau folder then i just drag the multipitch bank into the voice folder so basicaly this is my multipitch bank i have my normal bank then i added 2 folders into my my normal bank the high set and the low set they are separat folders so its 2 folders in one voice bank