How did you come up with your UTAU?

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
Aiko quite frankly started off as a Vocaloid fanmade xD

I was hanging out on VocaloidOtaku, and I saw plenty of Neru and Haku stuff, and then I came across Fuyu Hiiragi and I thought OMG. I should do this too.

So I made this monstrosity right around the same time I discovered UTAU, and shortly after realized that not all UTAU look like Miku palette swapped. So I touched her up by adding the white sleeve ends, changing the top to a blackish-gray, and removing the tie/turning the shirt into a hoodie.

I got into UTAU for all the classic weeaboo reasons. At first I wanted "my own Vocaloid" and I followed the "Crypton rules" of early UTAU design. I had an OC at the time who's name was, yes, Myst, who had blue hair and was a water elemental. So Aiko ended up blue. Personality-wise I didn't want her to be like OC-Myst necessarily, nor like me, so I didn't have much more than "tomboy with a sweet tooth who plays with helium balloons." She was associated with helium (even though I used the wrong kanji in her name) because when I first made "Melt" I was like holy shit when did I get that chipmunky, and I figured that's just what UTAU did to voices (not knowing anything about g-flags).

ninjamitsuki

Momo's Minion
Mitsuki: She's been my internet persona for a long time and I knew I was going to make an UTAU with that design since the beginning.
Daisuke: In the middle of recording Mitsuki's awful first voice bank, I realized that my natural voice is very boyish and I thought "Maybe I can make a boy's voice", and an image of a spunky young boy with a tuft of hair sticking out of a baseball cap came to mind. Since he was made at the same time as Mitsuki, his hair and eye color are inverse to Mitsuki's (Green hair and blue eyes). His new supplemental info involving dice and leaving things to chance is inspired by "Daisu" sounding like "Dice". I also took inspiration from a character from a game I'm currently playing, Ronfar from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue, whose attacks have a dice roll gimmick. I got inspired by that and gave him the supplemental info "He often decides things through dice rolls or coin flips".
Kaori: Was singing Bad Apple (Hence the "Ringone") in a soft voice one day and realized I should record that voice as an UTAU. Her design was just something random I put together in 3d custom girl but when I tried redesigning her I became so attached to the random barf that I couldn't give it up.
Pretty Getter Miki: Since the beginning, Daisuke was intended to pay homage to the "Peppy boy hero" anime and RPG archetype. Then I thought I should probably give him a cutesy magical girl counterpart, thus Miki was conceived.

NecroDemonic

Momo's Minion
My UTAU, Hanene Tori, was originally a recolor of CUL and a pitchloid of Megurine Luka.:annoyed: I "made" her back when CUL used VY1's voice. I was such a hypocrite back then because I thought CUL using VY1's voice wasn't okay, but Tori being a higher pitched Luka WAS! I'm glad I never put any of that on the internet. But I'm still guilty of it. Not only were her design and voice unoriginal, but she was also a Mary-Sue. But that has changed. I gave her a new voice and character design. I changed her personality and backstory so she is no longer a Mary-Sue.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kurayami/Akaru Serena started out as an OC in a very badly written Zelda fanfiction, and look at their fabulous google-translated names~ Both got discontinued, then Akaru got revived because of her new extensive role in CronoHaven, but there is a possibility of Akaru getting discontinued again to make room for eLe

Mita Souzou was a self insert for a long-term roleplay with my exgirlfriend. It took me months to realize I could use her as my UTAU. God. Mito was a genderbend but he became her older brother and got a voicebank. Then 2. Then 5. What am I doing with my life.

The Rogueloids were created during that longterm roleplay Mita is from. I already knew about UTAU culture and could develop better names but I intentionally gave them stupid weaboo-ish names. Their last name is a google translated word + Ne and their first name was an anime character. Despite their names, the characters have actually gotten quite a lot of depth to them instead of also acting stupidly weabooish. Prime example of that is Kurone Raito.

The seibetsus started when I came up with an idea for a voice to use for a new UTAU. But I didn't know what to name it, so I asked my (now ex)girlfriend. She said "I don't know!" and I took that literally as a name. The first was Seibetsu Shiranai, a genderless hikikomori with albinism. Then along came Symmetris, an intersex cutie brother turned distanced relative butt. Switch was the result of me giving up on a Kire and deciding to go from cutesy to manly low to high, and Ittei is the result of Liv trying to do a nasal voice but ending up with a weird accent. Ironically, Ittei is "gender certain" and even he has dual male/female banks.

There's this one standalone UTAU that I'm actually thinking to sell physical copies of someday in the future. eLe. eLe sprung from an idea for CronoHaven, to give Dana and Danny another younger sister. Her name was going to be Danielle. Then she got moved forward in time to the far future, then her name became shortened to Elle and then eLe, then I tried to draw art of her and she just got like 10 years older. There's problems with her voice, because I want to make her voicebanks but if I go high, I no longer have vocal space for Akaru. And if I go low, I no longer have vocal space for Mita Dark, lower pitches of Mita in multipitch banks, possibly Shiranai and Symmetris, the top range of Mito. What should I do...

There are a few extras here and there, but they only exist because in CronoHaven, some of me and Liv's UTAUs have children, which results in more UTAUs. Also, SquareWheel is a fictional UTAU. The fictional character used their fictional computer and fictional microphones to record a fictional UTAU voicebank. I roleplayed a person making an UTAU. Yes that is interesting.

jasmin00

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
First, I read something about vocaloids, and then I begin listen vocaloid songs..and stuff.
Then I remember, that I was read somewhere about utauloids too, and of course I load it, because its free and...its just like vocaloid.
P.s. I read vocaloids and utauloids from the "Anime-Lehti". Its finnish anime,manga and game magazine.
If somebody want to see, there : http://animelehti.fi/
Heheee xd

Rei-Chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well, it all started around 2009, when I was around 9 in 4th grade. Even though I started drawing at a younger age, I wrote more than I drew. On a particular day, however, our teacher told us to create a story about anything we wanted. I was practically thrilled with idea, since I wanted to publish my story one it was finished. So as soon as we began, I quickly sketched out the main character for my story. Since at the time, I took a liking to fairies I thought to maybe make a fairy-like character. Soon the character had a purple sweater, black leggings, glasses, and black hair made into a pony-tail--and wings. After some thought, I decided to self-insert my name into the character, which was then named "Rachel, the fairy of creativity". From then on, I begun using her for multiple stories.

When I was around 12, in 7th grade I was introduced with Vocaloid and Anime. Oh gracious, all that weaboo. ;A; Right when I was about to abandon Rachel, I quickly brought her back and redesigned her into a monstrosity of wolf ears and a tail, wings, miku-like hair, and a spandex suit similar to Miku's append. I sprinkled many useless powers on her (which eventually turned into one power, which was telekinesis), and changed her name to "Reicheru" with the use of Google Translate. Her last name, "Hoshikone" was a mash of three meanings: star, child, sound. Soon, she became a Fanloid, with miku's voice tuned down. I never posted her, however.

Finally, around 2011, I accidentally fell upon UTAU, after finding Popipo of Ruko Yokune. After alittle research, I decided to make an UTAU, also! So, after many,many,many design changes, I finally made the "perfect" design(which was Reicheru's default, or first design.), giving the age of 12. But alas, I was short on the most important thing, which was the voice. After posting for a request, I found one of the most amazing people yet, which was Kirrin, who was glad to make a voice for me. From then on, after her voice was finished, she quickly went up on Youtube. Afterwards I gave her the personality of an optimistic child.

Finally, around 2012-2013, I wasn't much into Anime anymore. In fact, I was growing more to love video games than I do Anime. Soon, the addiction began to spread onto my character. Then I decided to change her design and last name. Her last name was made by me, and no translator, using "Nin" from Nintendo, and "tone" as she is music-based. I decided to keep her first name, since, the name began to grow on me, and in a way suited her. XD Her design was also changed using the inspiration of Mario's overalls. I kept her personality, and I also kept her telekinesis powers from her previous phase. ^^

THE END.

SmilingCat01

Teto's Territory
My UTAU's name and SEN reason why I chose SEN because I played with my Korean name Seunji. I took out some letters and came up with SEN. And I wanted it to be short and all-caps just like CUL.

I chose green because it is the school color of the college university that I want to attend to, GREEN. (De La Salle University, Philippines)

I think that's about it xD

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Oo Sen bab

My Sen was actually named so because I wanted a short name that started with S. He was only supposed to be used once and he wasn't an official character, then it escalated and he became one of the mains...

Tanaka

Momo's Minion
O man, the way I came up with YUMI V5 is hard to remember. It was like 4-5 years ago, so I'm super fuzzy on the details ahaha.,,,, , But I'm pretty sure she was the third idea that came to me after finding out about UTAU and Vocaloid. The first two were ZERO and MIND(Long since forgotten), and then came her and her brother, YOMI. They were supposed to be twins like Rin&Len, an I thought I was being clever by making them like that.(I also had full intent of shipping them with Rin&Len, which was lame I kno) And... Well she was my main UTAU for a year or two, then I just... Left her to stay terrible. It wasn't until like last month I decided to re-do her with my new found knowledge of how to actually do all that difficult utau stuff(I was never good at oto, hell I even really disliked them). And I don't thnk I'll ever re-do her brother, too many bad memories with the both of them./Weeaboo days man, the dARK DAYS/ With my re-introduction to anime, I'm real moptivated to get back into UTAU full swing... Too bad I'm too lazy to ahaha....

H-2O along with the rest of her 'series' I came up with when I was on one of my 'research' binge's(Read: I was super bored and had nothing better to do). She's been my main for awhile now, maybe like a year? More? Idk. She came about around the time I was into Homestuck(More bad memories), which was 3 years ago. I wasn't really into UTAU so she was half-assed at best. idek man. Most of my old UTAU were from the dark days, so I've left them to rot in my 4shared account, no need to re-visit the terrible times.

Horatio

Momo's Minion
A really, really long time ago (like back in high school), I was a HUUUUGE Vocaloid fan (still am, but hey). I absolutely loved Miku and thought she was the best thing ever. At some point, I stumbled upon a Teto song on YouTube and thought she was a new Vocaloid or something. I couldn't really find any information on her, so I assumed she was a Vocaloid for a long time until I found something that said she was an UTAU. It wasn't until much later that I actually downloaded UTAU and Teto.

Then, in one of my engineering classes, we had to talk about some kind of new technology and make our own kind and of course, me being obsessed with Vocaloid, I wanted to use Vocaloid for it. So I made up Aya and she started out as a fanloid of sorts. I'd alter Miku's voice to make it sound different (which is horrible, I know). So she pretty much started out as a school project. I didn't know you could make your own UTAU until after the project was done. I decided that I should give Aya her own voice, so I recorded and made her and boy, was she horrible-sounding lol

A few months ago was when I decided to record her ACT2 voicebank.

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
My brain just farts through it's mouth and out comes an UTAU(and no it's not the same as a burp :/)

Toxi-kun

Teto's Territory
Well, with my UTAUs I gave them each a devastating backstory leading to where they are now.
And they're happier!

THis one...
TJSjaOp.png

Is easy to provoke QuQ

All of my UTAUs have weapons too so...
Oh My God...What have done

insanemollum

Momo's Minion
wellll...i was randomly doodling and i drew a chibi girl with punky hair and wings, and then i just thought 'hmmmm....i've been using UTAU for a while, but i don't have my own'
so i continued with the chibi, coloured it, named it 'Shizuka Kaiaine'
it took me a while to voice her, i couldn't figure what kind of voice, so i just recorded her in my normal voice, but, it sounded like a man....and both Shizuka and I are female :sad: so i just started messing with flags, and used 'g-15' to make it sound a bit cute-ish, it's quite breathy and a bit creepy sounding ^^'

Yokeijimi

Teto's Territory
Well a way back in the year of 2011 I was this huge vocaloid weaboo, and my friend
introduced me to this program called UTAU that you could make own vocaloid characters with, that even sang! So we began creating and in june the same year i had my first sketches of the utau Kurai Tenshine, and on december 8th the same year she had her first release.

My babu is so old im crying ; v;