How did you name your Utau??

R

RadiateJoy

I took my nickname and gave it to my Utau and took the Hindi word "Suna" (means "I heard") and added "-loid" at the end xD  His demo~ http://youtu.be/_8ShcR9SbS0

How did you come up with yours?? Also, what do you think of mine?? :3

Comment below!!

DianaTan

Teto's Territory
As for Dia, Diana is my favourite nickname for ages and my favourite German name
As for Keru, I just wanted a random godod-sounding male name so I ended up with Takeru
And Lia, I wanted something similar to Diana so it's Liana
As for their family name, Kunikida, it's my family name in Japanese
And für Risu, risu is the Japanese word for squirrel because she is a squirrel =)

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I didn't want a Japanese name for my UTAU, just because they have no ethnicity & the like xP so I wanted to keep them culturally neutral. Or at least try.

I kinda "made up" the name Solaria (from the word solarium) when I was younger, for a character in a story that I wrote, who was a very happy & sunny person. Now it just fits the character I have in mind, plus it's a really pretty name.
Helios is Solaria's brother, so I wanted to keep the sun theme going xP his name was originally Apollo but then my friend suggested Helios & I loved it.

zipperworks

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Oh, hey, I was just thinking about this the other day!

I have no qualms about giving my UTAU Japanese names. They sing Japanese. XD;

The last name "Tachibana" was picked as a reference to Serial Experiments: Lain -- it's the brand of computers they use in the show. Which is in of itself a reference to Apple, as "tachibana" is some sort of citrus fruit, apparently.
From there, I just sort of picked Japanese words for fruit that sounded like they could be acceptable given names -- Ringo, Mikan, Ichigo, Suika.

So that's really it. It's sort of just me being nerdy and liking theme naming... XD;

asparagus

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
My friend named her when I told her her colour scheme was going to be red.

Then I just kinda pulled a naming theme with the rest of them.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I am definitely AWFUL at naming anything. But when I started, I was noob beyond belief and when I read that UTAU should have their names associated with music, I believed it. Within that stupid mode, I also thought it was obligatory for it be JP. So did the stupid way and looked through a whole list of JP baby names + meanings LOOOL SOB CRY.
Picked Kazumi because it was kinda pretty? Kazune was because I was lazy to think of something so I abused the "stick a ne and it makes it something sound."
GODDAMN IS SHE STUCK IN THE WEEABOO PHASE. qAqAqAq

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Forrest's last name, Hetane, came from the fact that his voice bank was really bad when I first recorded it. Back then, I didn't know about oto.ini files. His first name came from his green color scheme.

For Vio, I wanted a cool violin-themed name. The end result was the best I could come up with.

As for Semi's name, I wanted something cute and related to cicadas. I considered "Natsu" to be his last name because it meant "summer", but I thought it was too short. I didn't want his last name to be "Natsune" either because it would be too cliché.

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
; a; oh same boat as Pandaloii ~

i looked to see what sort of names were taken xD;; and i searched for various japanese names and their meaning but i couldn't fine one that stuck so ended up giving him Amare which means to love :'3 in Latin/Spanish(?)  ~ ///orz ; x; goo creative me xD;;

Fawkesy

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I was going to originally name my utau Fawkesy. Then I got thinking and the design and voice didn't fit. So I asked in the forum and they came up with Saki and some random last name. But I decided with just Saki, meaning Blossom of Hope. And tada~!

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Mine is basically a feminised version of "Lancelot," a knight of the round table as in Arthurian legend. Thus, Lancelotte, befitting her knightly-ness.

BTW, I think yours is very unique, RadiateJoy. I can definately appreciate the Hindi influence since I was born in Singapore and used to watch (subbed) Indian flicks all the time. Ahh... hindi voices as beautiful, I especially loved watching various musicals... but now that I think of it perhaps all of them were musicals? D: -getting waaay off topic.

Mayuen

Momo's Minion
Well, all my UTAUs (and those I have planned but have no voice...) have names from the Norse Mythology, it started with Saga and I sort of liked the theme so I went on with it ^^'
All their first names are in one way or another from the Norse Mythology, their last names (if they have any) are weird Japanese-ish names I came up with by combining Japanese words togheter... Mostly because I think them as Swedish, but they do sing in Japanese so... yes I fail.

Saga's first name is from the goddess of history and is also the Swedish word for story/fairytale and I thought the name sounded nice. Her last name Futosen is some kind of weird mix of me trying to make a Japanese sounding last name with combining words togheter <w> The words being Futoumei meaning transparent and Issen meaning line, don't ask...

ASK doesn't have a last name, but his first name is from the first human in Norse Mythology (similar to Adam and Eve in the bible), also a slight pun by his origin as a Roboloid (yes, I like Roboloids :uhm: don't hate me!)

The other names I have is Idun, Hugin and Munin but they have yet to get voices... orz

ScuroKun

Teto's Territory
My UTAU's old name, Rocket4, was pretty much because of an inside joke with my friends. Then I found that it was really odd to have an inside joke as an UTAU name, and now it's just Mitsuko Kuroine.

Ranun

Teto's Territory
Attention, long text ovo; ~

*cough* I did it like kirrin and PandaLolii ;w;"
When I began recording my very first VB (which is the worst I've ever seen in my life xD), I looked for a name; I only had a few ideas for the design though. At that time I didn't know much about the japanese language... and way before I knew UTAU, I needed a username for some site. I seriously thought that "Dera" meant "rabbit" ;A; -fail- so I named myself Dera because I'm a huge rabbit lover. owo"""" When I found out that "usagi" meant rabbit, I totally facepalmed. But oh well, when I needed a name for my Utau, I decided to take "Dera" as her first name. Aaand because one of my rabbits was/is (she died last year T^T) named "Kiwi", I looked up for Kiwi in japanese. Somehow I found out it was "kiui" (or something like that-- I still don't really believe if that is even right lol), so I added an "-ne" for "sound", in the end meaning Kiuine -> Kiwi Sound. So I started to call my first Utau Dera Kiuine. XDD Buuut looking on the Utau Wiki, I saw one of the Failloids (how are they called? xD) having Kiuine as her last name (I think it was a Fail of Momone Momo, idk). Since then I didn't have any name for her.
Getting more serious about UTAU, I created a second VB and with that I asked on the old forums for some critique, and opinions about the name. I looked up several japanese female names, ending up with "Rika" meaning "valued fragrance", relating to her flower hairband. As last name, I started to think of a deeper meaning. At that time, I was still sad because Kiwi died at that time, and I looked up japanese words for "heaven" or "sky". I wanted to go with Sorane, but I saw that name was already taken. xD Searching for a word for "pain" (relating to my bunny's death - sounds still a bit macabre), I ended up with "Kutsuu". But having no idea how to write that in Kanji, I asked on the forums again and I got kindly told that "Toutsuu" actually meant pain. So I went with that. Pain Sound. xD And depending on how "Rika" is written in Kanji, the name could also mean "plum blossoms" - which was even more perfect since my second rabbit is named Pflaume, German for "plum". XD Soo much related to my rabbits. =w=;

For the SUiT project, I'm just going with a first name: Ruby. Relating to the color of her hair and element of the clubs suit since she's the queen of clubs. Her full title is just ♣XII Ruby, because I think most/all queens/kings are only called with their title and first name.

K

khisui

Japanese is a beatiful language and for a long time I've been thinking that Yumika is the most beautiful Japanese female name, so I gave it to my Vocaloid. Sakina with the same reason

EspeonLady

Teto's Territory
Once upon a time in 2010 I was like "lol I should as uncreative as possible because shut up I'm more kawaii than you."

My name is Cat IRL- I used to hang around a load of weeaboos that called me Neko.

Friend: "Ne, Ne, Ne, Neko."
Me: "nnn?"
Friend: "OH- LET'S CALL HER NEKONE BECAUSE YOUR NAME IS CAT LOL."

That's where Nekone came from. The cat ears were tacked on to Fukai/Fukasa because haters gon' hate- Dun care. (I later regret this.)

---Fukai came from "deep", because I had a deep, drony voice compared to my friends (read: high-pitched squealing weeaboos)

---Fukasa - "depth"

Taiyo Inune was Char's idea, since he was supposed to be the opposite Fukai, and manly.

Someone should of stopped me, but oh well.

mangosiryan12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
UTAdroid's Name Origin~

Ryan Moriyama: Ryan = my name, Moriyama = From a Random Japanese Site
Lolzki Moriyama: Lolzki = internet Expression LOL (Laugh out Loud)
Box Head = the old box in my room

Its so random, sorry~ fail on naming my utauloids

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm going to make my explanation as short as possible. xD

Back in my freshman year, my best friend and I decided to make a comic. We picked our characters and our artist personas were teh last two to be coupled. His was Paradox, mine was Yuumei. I hadn't used Yuumei a lot to refer to myself as much before then, but it was still there. As the years and the comics went on, I was called Yuumei more often and when it came to making my UTAU, I decided to stick with something I was comfortable with and knew would be kind of catchy. x3 Ekiguchi was her original surname, although I had forgotten it for some time..somehow... As for her model type, seeing as the original character's race was that of a Valkyrie, I just added 'Valky' and then -loid, and voila. ow o b

Iscabird

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
If I remember right, I chose my UTAUs' names because... they just came to me out of nowhere.

That's pretty much it.

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Re: How did you name your Utau??

"Otakune Weeaboo" should be obvious :rollseyes:

Clearly it comes from the "honourable household" archaic definition of "otaku". ^_^

Yea that aside we took "Weeaboo" of unknown name orgin as a base surname and wanted a first name to match that worked well with the Naruto-inspired design.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DREWdesu

Teto's Territory
For Takara Asune here is my answer from his wiki

The word Takara meaning treasure was through of due to the famous Perfume song "Dream Fighter" where the lyrics went "涙も全部宝物" (All the tears are Treasures)

Asune means Tomorrow's Sound. The word Tomorrow (Asu/Ashita) was thought of from the famous song by Chinese singer alan's song "Ashita e no Sanka" (The Hymn of Tomorrow)