How different have your UTAU turned out from what you originally planned?

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
In 2014 summer I was planning to create an adult female rabbit furry who's detective like this:
FullSizeRender999.jpg
But then, time passed and in 2014 December I changed my mind and wanted her to be a fox instead (my main UTAU was already rabbit-themed, so I wanted something else). This time she was semi-inspired by Soul Eater Manga (yeah, she was going to be a witch this time XD):
08122014513_1.jpg
Uuuugh, her Beta name tho X"D
And again time passed and in the beginning of 2015, my mind - again - changed and in this time I wanted her to be a CHILD, not an adult. The reasons were quite simple:

A: I couldn't back in time do any other voice act well than a cute cartoon girl.
B: In Furry UTAU, we lack females and especially children. Like... minority of Furry UTAU are a teenage or an adult male dog/cat, so I wanted some diversity.

So, then this happened...
IMG_3239.JPG

Finally, she became this and got first VB in 2015 March and a new name: Lychee I had no idea how to draw a proper furry face//slapped

IMG_3240.PNG

And now, in autumn 2017, she's like this! Voila!

IMG_3241.PNG

I think that from all UTAU what I created/designed so far, Lychee took the most o the time. She was my first attempt to be "as original as possible", so it taken really long but I'm happy that I created her..! I don't want to promise anything but I hope to make her VCV in (near) future~~

Last edited:

the-neo-romantic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Well, I had many plans for an utau back in the day:
- back when I was like, 10 years old, I had my "fanloid" that was just some brunette girl with a dark blue crypton-esque design and terrible blonde highlights in her hair. no voicebank for her, no videos, sadly no pictures left.
- then sometime later in 2011 I've made another brunette, but this time she had a kinda nice purple-pink crypton-esque design, I wish I did do something with her back then. (same status as the first one)
- in like... 2013 I've had some real plans for making an utau with a retro red-dress-with-white-dots design, sadly nothing ever came out of this.
- and then in 2017 I unexpectedly regained my interest in making a voicebank!

My first designs for what-would-later-become-Neo-Phaenna was of a mature woman having a prosthetic arm and a... prosthetic throat??? Also her color scheme was made out of purples, pinks and oranges. I think she was fairly nice but...
I started thinking that having a goddess living in a cybernetic world is *the best thing ever* and also that *orange is a great color*
aaand so she came to be

I would love to work with Neo-Phaenna's design for more years to come - because, to be fair, she is quite young for an OC of mine. (i got characters that have existed for 6 years sooo)

Reactions: RaccoonButler

iPantasticGuy

Food Eater of UTAU
In 2016 (Yep, I'm really new here XD), I wanted to make 2 UTAUloids that were brothers/twins (I forgot). The first being Kaneko Toshiyuki (This one exists) and the other one Kaneko Yukki. I asked a friend if he wanted to make a UTAUloid (I explained it to him before) and he said that he wanted to make one. We planned to do it in April so we waited but then the time April came, we completely forgot about it! So it was June, and I remembered that we were supposed to make an UTAUloid. I didn't tell him because I was too lazy to and I started to learn the basics of UTAU and watched tutorials on how to make an UTAUloid.
Oh ya, I forgot to tell you the character designs of the 2.
1. Name: Kaneko Toshiyuki
Height: -
Weight: -
Eye Color: L: Black R: Red
Blood Type: A
Hair Color: Black
Siblings:
Kaneko Yukki

2. Name: Kaneko Yukki
Height: -
Weight: -
Eye Color: L: Black R: Blue
Blood Type: A
Hair Color: Black
Siblings:
Kaneko Toshiyuki
(It's in orange cuz I wrote these in my notebook using an orange ballpen :D)

Right now, I'm fine with my UTAUloid. I expected it to be really choppy and it was! (lol) But then I made a recreation of my first voicebank (Which is ACT 2) and I'm happy about it! I wish to create a VCV but then my microphone hasn't arrived yet. Some of the designs from what I wanted last year changed this year. Oh yeah! And also, I only wanted my UTAUloid to sing Japanese but then right now, I want him to sing in different languages.

Uhm, idk how to end this but then I'm gonna end it now, baii!

-fin-
(Why am I treating this like a story? XD)

P

partial

I'd like to add to my previous post here stating I'm fairly happy with TYPE A to just tack on that I always wanted him to do English, and that's all he was meant to do at first. I wasn't going to give him a Japanese vb at all, but I guess I did just in case someone actually likes him? lmao?

Last edited by a moderator:

someguyperson

i am no longer exist
Defender of Defoko
Fresa's 1.1 Alpha was a whole lot more fem bc it was recorded w/ my mac's basic built in mic so it didnt really pic up my voice very well. now she still sounds pretty light but a bit more masc than i intended at first, but she still sounds...like a girl? eh lol idk

Damien

Wannabe Worker
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I planned to finish my utau, then it didn't get finished.
//forgive me for my not serious answer

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Frankly, quite a lot. My first plan was actually make a whole bunch of CV Appends, then go to VCV with all Appends and CVVC with all Appends before going for oher languages. Welp. In the end, there was ONE Append for CV, before I moved to CVVC for a multi-pitch multi-append vb. Now I probably will never touch CV in my life, waiting for my Laptop to be repaired, so that I can record the second VCV and overall 6th VB, which s funny because I recorded english already. However the most different is the design. Sora has practically a new design for every vb, and everyone is quite different from his first. Though the most unexpected would be that I gave him the headcanon, that every design is its own entity. Heh.

someguyperson

i am no longer exist
Defender of Defoko
Frankly, quite a lot. My first plan was actually make a whole bunch of CV Appends, then go to VCV with all Appends and CVVC with all Appends before going for oher languages. Welp. In the end, there was ONE Append for CV, before I moved to CVVC for a multi-pitch multi-append vb. Now I probably will never touch CV in my life, waiting for my Laptop to be repaired, so that I can record the second VCV and overall 6th VB, which s funny because I recorded english already. However the most different is the design. Sora has practically a new design for every vb, and everyone is quite different from his first. Though the most unexpected would be that I gave him the headcanon, that every design is its own entity. Heh.
Honestly, that's what a lot of people do, and I kinda wanted to do that, but I'd already planned doing english and I didn't wanna downgrade from cvvc[vccv now] to another cv

P

partial

Honestly, that's what a lot of people do, and I kinda wanted to do that, but I'd already planned doing english and I didn't wanna downgrade from cvvc[vccv now] to another cv
In the case of English, VCCV English is better than CVVC English only because it has more recordings and lines of oto (therefore, transitions), but I wouldn't consider CVVC English worse.