How do I do a mature sounding voice?

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
My voice is really high but I want to create a more mature sounding bank. Do you have any tips or tricks to help make my voice sound deeper but still natural sounding? Is there a shape I can put my mouth in that will help?

Kuro Cure

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
For a more mature sounding voice, I'd recommend using a more chesty tone. Try mimicking someone with a deeper voice, like say, Kohaku Merry (?) or an older female opera singer. Play around with the parts of your voice that'll produce a more mature sound (I can't explain this part verbally, you really are the only one who can find out for yourself)
Do you ever ironically imitate an older woman? Like, in an exaggerated way? That's a good start.

K

Kassandra

I would recommend mimicking how they sing or how they talk. Your voice may not necessarily be able to go to a certain lower pitch, but you can still make a mature voice who can sing higher (Prima).

Reactions: LilyoftheValley

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
record your samples from your chest. Kohaku merry is a good example i feel of a more chesty sounding voice. Listen to some of her samples and dtry to mimick them. Yokune ruko might be a good one too

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
You may be like me who tends to sing more higher and in the throat. So if you're going for something more mature, "swallow" the sound and have it resonate in your chest more. Try humming normally, and then go down in scale, you'll notice you're using more of your chest and "gut". So with that feeling now know, then try vocalizing and finding a tone you like.

For example, my normal voice vs the mature voice acted
N:

VA:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sounding mature - regardless of how light your voice is in weight - is down to...
- age (the voice naturally deepens the older you get)
- resonance (increasing resonance and reducing nasality in your tone; a lot of girls tend to employ nasality in their teens, even unintentionally)
- develop your chest voice without resorting to voice acting or trying to sound like a male. You can do this in many ways, but I developed my chest voice over time by singing songs by male artists (generally tenors). That said, don't push yourself to sing the lowest notes a male might sing in a song if you simply can't produce a good sound - trying to force yourself into a range that's unnatural will damage your voice somewhere down the line.