How do I get videos to make cover songs on YouTube :/

Utau4life

Teto's Territory
I'm trying to post on YouTube but I can't find a way to download the videos to make my covers anyone Jane any ideas ? For now I'm just posting on sound cloud

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ractor/eecoahjklhopckkiefihjloeidikepdh?hl=ja Meet my best friend, Nico Audio Extractor!

If you have Google Chrome, this plugin is usuable so you can download videos and audio directly from nico. It's easy to use (the instructions are in the webstore description!) and the quality is good. It does take a little bit to download, though. I'd say 20 minutes?

If you're looking to download from Youtube, you can google "download video from YouTube" and pick a website to use. You just pop in the URL and it'll process and download in most cases.

Whatever you do, be sure to credit the creators of the original video, and the translator if you decided to download a subbed video. It's a nice courtesy!

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The simplest way to make a video for your covers is to put the music on some art of your UTAU. You don't really need to download videos...

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Also I might warn that if you are ripping videos from youtube or NND there's a slim chance that the original creator will want you to take down your video.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Tbh, you can probably stick to using SC cause you'll be more likely to get listens and subs (at least that's been my experience) and you also get the added bonus of if your work isn't well received, listeners will more than likely just skip and you don't get a negative rating like with YT. If you absolutely must build a YT audience, then there are sites such as http://www.clipconverter.cc/ which converts YT videos. Keep in mind, you'll still need software to add the cover you made to the video. At the most basic, there's Windows Movie Maker or AviUtil (both are free), but more complex software (for subs, layers, effects, etc.) are more than likely to be proprietary (tho I've heard that AviUtil can do some complex things, I haven't used it fully myself).

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
For anybody else who might be viewing this thread wanting to know how to get videos - on Firefox there is this plugin called "Flash Video Downloader". You can download literally ANY video you want as long as the website isn't... Official(?). Idk how to say it but it works on websites like youtube, nico and kissanime, but it doesn't work on websites like crunchyroll and bbc iPlayer (not that I'd recommend or support downloading full episodes of stuff which is probably illegal, but just saying it doesn't work on every site. Even on some youtube videos it doesn't work too great - like some vevo videos might not want to download.)