How do you make a VCV voicebank?

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah I've decided to take another step into a better voicebank. But its my first time doing a VCV.

Tutorial links or just plain help will be helpful!! XD

comment here

thanks!

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Rather than going VCV, might I advise that your next step be CVVC instead? CVVC can be just as smooth as VCV and means less and easier recordings. The oto skills you learn from the CVVC style can be transferred into VCV (and CVVC means that you'll be able to do multiple languages if you wish, whereas VCV is only really suitable for Japanese).

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Rather than going VCV, might I advise that your next step be CVVC instead? CVVC can be just as smooth as VCV and means less and easier recordings. The oto skills you learn from the CVVC style can be transferred into VCV (and CVVC means that you'll be able to do multiple languages if you wish, whereas VCV is only really suitable for Japanese).
Alright.... then how do you do CVVC? XD

but id rather do japanese than any other language actually xD

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have plans to create a full set of resources for creating a jpn CVVC bank, but at this point in time, I only have the reclist completed. If you are willing to talk to me privately (over something like skype or twitter DM), I can guide you through the process right now.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There's more than one way to record it and everyone has their own preference, but I prefer the 2 mora way (it may be longer, but if you make a mistake, you don't have to rerecord long strings).

- v = standalone vowel
v_v = transitional vowel. record these without pause
cv_cv = record these without any long pauses in between
cv = record as you would normal cv

As with any recording style, allow at least 500ms (half a second) of silence before the sound itself to allow for easier otoing.

- a
- i
- u
- e
- o
- n
a_a
a_i
a_u
a_e
a_o
a_n
i_a
i_i
i_u
i_e
i_o
i_n
u_a
u_i
u_u
u_e
u_o
u_n
o_a
o_i
o_u
o_e
o_o
o_n
n_a
n_i
n_u
n_e
n_o
n_n
ka_ka
ki_ki
ku_ku
ke_ke
ko_ko
kya
kyu
kyo
ga_ga
gi_gi
gu_gu
ge_ge
go_go
gya
gyu
gyo
sa_sa
si_si
su_su
se_se
so_so
sha_sha
shi_shi
shu_shu
she_she
sho_sho
za_za
zi_zi
zu_zu
ze_ze
zo_zo
ja_ja
ji_ji
ju_ju
je_je
jo_jo
ta_ta
ti_ti
tu_tu
te_te
to_to
cha_cha
chi_chi
chu_chu
che_che
cho_cho
tsa_tsa
tsi_tsi
tsu_tsu
tse_tse
tso_tso
da_da
di_di
du_du
de_de
do_do
na_na
ni_ni
nu_nu
ne_ne
no_no
nya
nyu
nyo
ha_ha
hi_hi
hu_hu
he_he
ho_ho
hya
hyu
hyo
fa_fa
fi_fi
fu_fu
fe_fe
fo_fo
ba_ba
bi_bi
bu_bu
be_be
bo_bo
bya
byu
byo
pa_pa
pi_pi
pu_pu
pe_pe
po_po
pya
pyu
pyo
ma_ma
mi_mi
mu_mu
me_me
mo_mo
mya
myu
myo
ya_ya
yu_yu
ye_ye
yo_yo
ra_ra
ri_ri
ru_ru
re_re
ro_ro
rya
ryu
ryo
wa_wa
wi_wi
we_we
wo_wo
va_va
vi_vi
vu_vu
ve_ve
vo_vo

Otoing - I'm going to point you to this resource on otoing (no visual representations) as far as getting a smooth CV result: http://utaforum.net/resources/jeys-otoing-tips-and-tricks.157/

Hopefully this gives you an idea as far as the VC portion...

1b380202bad9ba6ab02ad2ea29a7a562.png

f, j, sh, s, h, z, r, n, m - fricative, soft, and nasal consonants in general should generally be white and extend up to the following vowel.

68fd4f2c1856d4e512d0994297792a8f.png

hard consonants such as t, d, g, k, b, p, etc. should be like the picture above.