How do you oto a CVVC?

hashioo

Momo's Minion
I haven't seen many tutorials, the ones i've seen are complicated or lack information. Could you explain how to oto a cvvc voicebank, 'cause I have no idea.

Last edited:

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Basically the CV samples (ba, ka, ra, ma...) have to be otoed like a normal CV, the VC ones (a b, i k, n r...) have to include the part from the vowel of the previous syllable to the part right before the consonant. In many CVVC there are also VV samples, that have to be otoed like a VCV and are needed to make anything more fluid. I know that is not so much and that I'm not an expert, but I think that these are the basic informations ;3

danlof99

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Personally I would recommend you Giraffey's reclist... it's quite short (I 'm not sure but I think it was about 120/130 recordings), very fluid and easy to use, thanks to his plugin that has three different presets to work with this reclist.
An alternative could be Namine Ritsu's one, that is longer (about 200 recordings), very fluid and the same plugin has a preset for this reclist. Another reclist
I recommend you also the one made by Mishamoonkun, that is very short (about 65 recordings, but when I made my voicebank with it I erased about 15 of them because for me they're unnecessary) and helpful when you have to record many different pitches (I recorded with this reclist my 7 pitches powerscale), but it can sound choppy if it isn't otoed properly and it's harder to use because there isn't a specifical preset for it (and it doesn't work nice with Giraffey's plugin, so you have to download Delta_Kuro auto CVVC 2.0 and you also have to change some things after the conversion because it isn't 100% compatible :/).

Reactions: RaccoonButler

hashioo

Momo's Minion
oooo mishamoonkun's reclist sounds really smooth. ahhhh i'm really stuck now. i'll probably end up recording girrafey's for easy functionality, if not mishamoonkun's is the way to go. thanks for the tips again :D