How do you record a Solid append voicebank?

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I know for soft or whisper you just sing in a softer muted voice but i can't seem to try and record a solid append thats like, say for example, Miku's solid append. Miku's solid vb sounds strong and kind of like it's vibrating, but not exactly vibrato. I havent really found anything about solid voicebank, the closest i could find was how to record a power voicebank for UTAU but not solid. Also is solid the same as power? I mean power voicebank to me just sounds more shouty and louder with stronger vowels and accents and pronunciation.. i know utau is supposed to be different than vocaloid but i would like to know what to do when recording a voicebank to achieve similar results to miku's solid voicebank,
the closest utauloid with a voicebank that sounds like solid is namine ritsu strong voice bank. it kind of sounds like how i described miku's voice, it sounds slightly buzzy and sizzly and vibrating at least when i use him
also, I'm new here. sorry if i seem stupid lol I'm kinda new to UTAU too and trying to use it. also I'm not really sure how to post threads so this is going under introductions because i found that the only way i could post a thread was clicking the pop up that said "you're new here, why not introduce yourself" or whatever.

Last edited:

Damien

Wannabe Worker
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've done this before but I just don't know how to describe it! :<
The way I did it kinda made my voice resonate or something like the way you describe.
I guess it's kinda like growling, except a way lightened version of it.

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I've done this before but I just don't know how to describe it! :<
The way I did it kinda made my voice resonate or something like the way you describe.
I guess it's kinda like growling, except a way lightened version of it.
oh yeah! it's kinda like growling. I'm not sure how to do that with my voice though because i can only do a growling voice in my lower voice :/