How do you use and make Suffixes

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Heyyo, So this might sound like a stupid question >.< But how do you use and make utaus? Like, how is it recorded? Is it recorded (and used) like EVEC? Cause I see some of you guys said that the utau equivalent of EVEC is Suffixes xD

(I hope this is in the right place)

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
First, record an additional voicebank for your existing UTAUloid/UTAU library.
Second, oto it.
Third, add your suffix at each oto entry.
Forth, move your existing "core" voicebank into a new folder (but do not leave your UTAUloid/character/library folder, keep your character data there).
Fifth, place your new voicebank into your library folder.

If you add the suffix to a note, UTAU will render that note with the new voicebank. Also, there is a built-in prefix/suffix manager in UTAU which supports adding new suffixes. It can add your suffix at any selected note.

EDIT: Forgot to read the full post. There is a Questions and Tech Support subforum here.

Reactions: RenzoA

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
To record Utau you generally make a folder, and name it your Utau, then use Oremo and a list to record from and make it save into the folder... (Usually you sing each sample in a consecutive pitch).... Um, it's a good idea to google things ^=^;

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ah okay thank you! So is it's like recording a different append and then putting them together? (like Yamine Renri's 1.5 Bank?) Because I always thought it works like EVEC since the last time I heard about suffix/prefix, it was in Teto's Extra Voicebank (the one with the rolling r's) and I probably misunderstood what it was >.<

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Well suffixes work for Appends and Multipitch. If its just multipitch; the suffix is just the recorded pitch, and set through prefix map. If its an append, its usually a shortened version of the starting word (e.g. Power becomes P) or just other symbols (like Teto's rikimi 力) that is added wih the SuffixBroker