How...exactly...do you make an instrument utau?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by JeStEr, Apr 26, 2018.

1. JeStEr

JeStEr Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm asking because I'm trying to make one out of the notes on my old vtech laptop from when I was little (there's a music key option) but when I tried playing it in UTAU, nothing really works? It more or less is aliased the same way as the other instrument UTAU on my laptop (Kushiba Maki, Wilbur Holly, and Mougeki Allegro) so IDK why its not working...

3. MystSaphyr

MystSaphyr Procrastinator Extraordinaire Administrator Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    What exactly do you mean by not working? Is it not playing at all, is it glitchy sounding?

Also, different types of sounds will require different oto techniques (such as, held note vs. percussive; does the laptop make a long sound or a short one?)

Kiyoteru likes this.
  4. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Make sure that your audio files are 16 bit mono channel .wav files at a 44.1kHz sample rate. If you're directly extracting audio from other hardware you might have trouble with the format (which is a common problem for utau voicebanks recorded on mobile phones)

MystSaphyr likes this.
  5. JeStEr

JeStEr Teto's Territory Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Tis be not playing at all :sad:
    Well that explains a lot, I put mine on 48k! thanks :D Didn't knwo it had to be that specific :P

MystSaphyr, Kiyoteru and partial like this.
  6. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Some resamplers are more or less lenient with the file format, but those settings ensure maximum compatibility.

MystSaphyr likes this.