How heavily do you rely on USTs?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm still really new to the program, so I rely super heavily on USTs, but I have a feeling that even if I manage to figure out how to make them properly on my own, I'll still rely on the ones others make.

Part of it is because it's already there for me to use, so might as well?
True, although it'd be a bother to try and make covers of songs with no UST/Vsq

Sweet_Kei (0//w//0 )

Teto's Territory
Usually I end up trying to make my own USTs a lot, because I really love a song that has a niche audience who aren't into UTAU (and won't be making USTs for the song) and over the past couple of years I've gotten pretty good.

I started out being completely tone deaf and out of time, and now I can pretty much guess the note sequence correctly and have it be only slightly off time. I have to make it in Vocaloid though and export it as VSQ for UTAU so I can have the song playing as I put in notes. :blink:

Reactions: Arissa

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have to make it in Vocaloid though and export it as VSQ for UTAU so I can have the song playing as I put in notes.
You can do a similar thing by using a DAW. IIRC the beta version of LMMS has midi export now, but Tracktion 5 and Podium are also worth a shot.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Usually I end up trying to make my own USTs a lot, because I really love a song that has a niche audience who aren't into UTAU (and won't be making USTs for the song) and over the past couple of years I've gotten pretty good.

I started out being completely tone deaf and out of time, and now I can pretty much guess the note sequence correctly and have it be only slightly off time. I have to make it in Vocaloid though and export it as VSQ for UTAU so I can have the song playing as I put in notes. :blink:
I envy you