How much has your Utau design changed??

Discussion in 'UTAU Artwork' started by ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡, Jan 9, 2017.

1. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡 actual monetary currency Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    This is a thread to mark how far our utsu children have come >:D what they used to look like, to what they currently do.

For enxample, my utau was designed by me and should not have been because her old design is gross asf?

160318_orig.png
    THE BOOBAGE. And now, thanks to Cine (and everyone else who participated in her contest) she looks much nicer
    NANA Cign.png

feel free to share your progress as well ^^

Miawerz, Pupuomena, Kiyoteru and 2 others like this.
  3. Pupuomena

Pupuomena Defoko's Slaves Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Oh my holy nuts XDD

Well, my first UTAU, Toka Aki's, design has changes to most over time, so I show him :'D

Ok, I made a first VB (that didn't have awful FRQ errors) in 2013 October and design, well, *cough* I liked back in those times Len and Oliver a lot and like all famous UTAU back then were mostly Character Voice (Miku, Rin/Len, Luka) inspired and as beginner, I didn't know how to design (human) character, so...

[​IMG]

Ok, and this is his 2014 design (holy heck, way better and previous one)

[​IMG]

IDK if this 2015 design is counted cuz my friend designed it but I put it here anyway

[​IMG]

And I'm type of person, who like to design multiple design for own character, so his "Append" design has improved over time too (but I think to post them in different post to avoid having "too many media in one post")
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 10, 2017 ---
    And here is the "evolution" of Aki's Append etc designs

In back 2014
    [​IMG]
    And now 2017
    [​IMG]

And his "Finnish" design

A 2013 design for his CV Finnish is lost (LOL) but good: it was AWFUL and the design itself was nothing to do with Finland XDDD

2014-2015(?) design
    [​IMG]

And final design for his Finnish VCV VB which I made in 2016

[​IMG]

+ There are few random design that I never really used (for example his "ACT3" design and "Chinese" one but I'm too lazy to post them lel)

4. heta-tan

heta-tan Genderless Goon Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    All of mine changed drastically. Like I'm shook. (also I just have point A to point B not all the in between because this would be a tad too long to format ^^')

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    Yinitara, SOHBlue, kimchi-tan and 3 others like this.
  5. nanaro

nanaro wot in tarnizzle Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    ngl compared to their current designs the fuwa twins original designs are shit //shot
    Fuwa_Maria_ACT1_Art_by_776-chan.jpg Fuwa_Mario_ACT1_Art_by_776-chan.jpg
    fuwa.maria_official_by_776-chan.png fuwa.mario_official_by_776-chan.png maria.alt_by_776-chan.png mario.alt_by_776-chan.png
    maria_fuwa_-revamped_design-_by_776-chan.png mario_fuwa_-new_design-_by_776-chan.png
    I didn't include Hanzo's btw bc her design is recent tho I may redesign her someday aaaa

SOHBlue and kimchi-tan like this.
  6. mallowkey

mallowkey Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I made Saisei back in 2011, and it was... well, I got her desired color scheme at the very least.
    [​IMG]

And then I updated her for ACT 3 and it was still... I don't know why I didn't like it really.
    [​IMG]

The idea was supposedly to make her look like she's incomplete. But she looked more like an empty husk than anything. Come 2016 and I finally figure out why. Apparently the expression made the huge difference (along with letting go of socks). Her redesign was a mix of her original + her initial ACT 3 outfit.

[​IMG]

SOHBlue and kimchi-tan like this.
  7. Kassandra

Kassandra Guest

Pupuomena likes this.
  8. HulderBulder

HulderBulder Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I can't find the first drawing of the first design, but found the last one of it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I remember copypasting her hair alot in this one because i was lazy.:uhm:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In short: she rode a giant fish, chased her paperface in the country's celebration, turned into some wierd half human animal thing with a hooded electric dress, then lost her paperface, the tail, alot of her hair and both legs.
    What a journey:holy:!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    SOHBlue, partial, kimchi-tan and 3 others like this.
  9. Tin-Loid

Tin-Loid Tin-Loid Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Tree has only had 3 designs, but the second one had NO essence of the original one except the hair, which has stayed the same style from the beginning.( http://www.utaforum.net/posts/103979/ ) The first one is the newest, the second is his original, and the third is his 2nd design (wow that was confusing lol)

10. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡 actual monetary currency Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    his new design gives me life

11. Kuku Klock

Kuku Klock Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Well... Since my main male Utau has gone through the most design changes, I'll do him... Plus all of his current designs play off of his main true design. *snorks*

Submissive CV
    [​IMG]
    Submissive VCV and Seme CV(same designs as the other pictures, just different hair)
    [​IMG]
    Seme VCV
    [​IMG]
    Seke VCV
    [​IMG]
    Somber VCV(Excuse this, its still a wip cause coloring)
    [​IMG]
    Seduction VCV and Sadist VCV
    [​IMG]
    "official Incubus" VCV (I say "official" since his Incubus won't be released until his birthday so this is a default placeholder)
    [​IMG]

12. Kitcat190

Kitcat190 Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    My design hasn't really changed, just very tiny things have either been replaced or added.
    My first design concept for the bank actually came way before the release which was over a year later : 'D
    [​IMG] That bad art tho...ew

Based the design on what I normally wear but with slight twists

[​IMG] updated the art and I kept it fairly the same, the hat no longer glowed, and the shoes kept changing somehow

still ugly

[​IMG] Updated again, and still, god awful.
    Changed shoes, removed microphone, added the bunny

[​IMG] This was an alternate casual design o u o9, again based on how I dress.

[​IMG] weeee not so ugly, shoe's kinda changed

[​IMG] alternate art gives bunny ears o u o9

And that's kinda it : 'D

13. Tin-Loid

Tin-Loid Tin-Loid Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    tyty

14. StateOfDep

StateOfDep Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Oh man, so Shizu's had a ton of different designs over the years.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Aroku over the years has changed in minor ways but never quite as drastically.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

kimchi-tan and Pupuomena like this.
  15. WendytheCreeper

WendytheCreeper (>☉ ͡ヮ☉<) Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    When I was first coming up with Trilli's design, her original color scheme was going to be a yellow-skinned, (tastefully- she was originally intended to be more like a wild alien than anything) unclothed creature with black hair and pink eyes. In this design, she also went back and forth between having a tail and where this tail would be located. I can't find my 10th grade sketchbook for some awful reason, so I don't have any drawings I can show. I think the first drawing of Trilli that even remotely looked like her was also in the same sketchbook, so I can't show that either; I think she had a shorter skirt in that illustration.

[​IMG]

Trilli's first official art is not very different from her current design. Most of her design changes were relatively tiny details: Her bangs were changed, her skirt was given more poof, and got rid of that box and those awful boots. In addition, while I don't usually illustrate this, it's canon for her to have a mouth on her stomach.

upload_2017-1-10_20-9-38.png

My, how my little princess has blossomed.

16. Skiyoshi 十三

Skiyoshi 十三 Lotus#12915 Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Too much. I've always changed mine throughout the times. (And names)
    [​IMG] Shun Kiyoshi[​IMG] Mika Aodhan[​IMG] Mika v2[​IMG] Inoue Irotei[​IMG] Kinoa Irotei
    [​IMG] Kinoa Irotei 1.5 (WIP Design with changes to be made still)

TOO MANY CHANGES -- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Ah well. I hope to keep changing the 1.5 until I am happy and never change again.

CoffeeHeist, SOHBlue and nanaro like this.
  17. VaNexuS

VaNexuS The Interstellar NexuS of Super Novas Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    OK--- SO-- REI--- Besides his alts--
    Original - 2009:
    [​IMG]
    Art by me--

2nd Official Design - 2011:
    [​IMG]
    Art by Maripocket

3rd and Most Current Design - 2013:
    [​IMG]
    Art by LeapingLamb

---These are all his CORE designs-- and I'll only show those cause.. well, I never really got to use his append alts much-- besides maybe his Rainbow/Light alt.. h a..
    >BUT MAIN THING ABOUT ALL THESE DESIGNS-- NOTICE-- >He still has the very same kind of green pants in every single one-- h a..... He just grew out of and got a new pair-- I dunno, I just found this fact funny--..
    //My bby boi started out at 5'6" and now he's like, 7'6". .. h a.. He grew- my boi grew--
    //slinks and lays down.

Kiyoteru and nanaro like this.
  18. IrisFlower

IrisFlower Precious Flower with Thorns Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    -deep inhale- Hhhhokay...Iris's first design...first let me just say that in my defense nobody stopped me nor complained about this design between the years of 2011 and 2015 okay?? Nobody. Not a soul, at least to my face, ever gave me so much as a hint that her design was bleh.

That said...there were also no complaints about the art I'm getting ready to show you. Actually, it was praised a couple of times. I'm really sorry for what I'm about to show you guys...so...just...

[​IMG]

Please give your eyeballs an adequate amount of time to heal. Anyway...jokes aside Iris's first design was my attempt at just barely making the Crypton-loid design cliches my own at the time and...I am 90% sure that flower on her shoulder never got drawn again???????

That design(not the art thankfully) survived for four whole years. Four. It took me four years to finally redesign her into this:

[​IMG]

I drew that last year but the design is from 2015. As you can see, along the way I finally learned how to draw lmao Her current design is an outfit that I think fits her much more nicely and is way more unique than the last one. Probably cause I wasn't actively trying to mimic someone else. I couldn't help but keep her simple green flower through the ages though that's just the staple of her design -nod-

She also has an English design done by my friend Kay that I like but it hasn't changed at all(ya know...cause I like it) so it's not very relevant to this thread.
    ====================

tl;dr - While other people re-design their children all the time and gradually over the years, my girl and I somehow managed to hold on to the same exact design for 4/5 of our years here now(4/4 at the time of her redesign lol). Nobody objected to it though so how bad could our presence have really been~

Pupuomena and Kiyoteru like this.
  19. Mrs.Peach

Mrs.Peach Married Sugar Mama Global Mod Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Gosh I like this thread!

Here is my contribution!

UOTAN - 2011 - Designed by Subaloid
    [​IMG]
    UOTAN - 2012 - CV AND VCV EDITION
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    UOTAN - 2016 - VCCV
    [​IMG]

kimchi-tan likes this.
  20. partial

partial Floating in a Fragment somewhere. Retired User Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    please don't take the this wrong way but i find that last image really attractive OTL

yes, i'm one of those
    I crush on characters, not people OTL

21. BuniiCake

BuniiCake Queen of Bunnies, Thou shalt not forget. Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    CoffeeHeist, rinrin243 and Yinitara like this.