How soon is too soon?

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
How long do you think a voicer/creator should wait before releasing another act of their UTAU?
Do you think there even IS a limit? Or do you think they should only release new acts when the voice has undergone an extreme change?

I ask this because I released my UTAUloid's ACT 3 about a month ago. However, the other day I got a new mic with much better quality, and I wanted to record another bank.

But is a month too soon? What do you think?

Angel

Momo's Minion
I don't think it matter the gap between Acts, new UTAU but if it's good quality then it's ok.

Quality matters to me. Or if its needed.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
There's no 'too soon' as long as the act really improves something. Also, if you don't re-record a large part of the VB, it's a bit worthless to call it a new act, imo. Maybe call it Act 1.2 or something instead.

Shine

Teto's Territory
I agree with the previous posts, there is no time limit.
If you buy a new mic, if you re-record the most of the samples, if you improved completly the otos, I think you may call it a new ACT.
But like, if in one day you released a act, and in the following day you improved the otos/re-recorded samples, I think you shouldn't call it a new ACT. In that case, you may just fix the download links with the voicebank with the improvements.
But in your case, with a month gap, I think there is no problem in calling it a new ACT. ^^

glaciachan

Teto's Territory
Generally, my personal rule of thumb is six months, although if there's a good amount of improvement(e.x: new mic, improved oto's, different recording method), I don't think you have to wait that long.

Cdra

possibly dead
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's not about time.  It's about improvement.  If you release a poor-quality bank (mediocre mic, bad pronunciation) and then a week later make a much better one (good mic, good pronunciation) of the same style ("Act", you say)... then whatever!

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I like to space my voicebank releases to three to six months and set a cap on the acts that I'm releasing at a solid 3. My limit on appends is 6. My utau already has 3 acts, but she is gonna only have 3 appends as well. 3 is my magic number. ^^