How to enter lyrics using CVVC english?

UTAUKimi-Yamamoto

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I downloaded Teto English so I could make her sing a song but I'm having trouble figuring out how to enter the lyrics to make her sing. Like, I don't know what I should put in the lyrics to make her sing what I want her to sing. I've never used CVVC before and it's really confusing. With CV it's pretty straight forward but the note strings for CVVC are foreign to me and I'm just not sure what to do. :sad:

I know I'm probably in way over my head with this but I have to learn sometime. If someone could help it would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
When in doubt on how to use a new voicebank, always check the oto's aliases! That's where you're going to find all the files, and likely you'll understand how the voicebank works just by flipping through them.

For example, If you wanted to type "kiss" as a lyric, you'd make two seperate notes, the "CV" and the "VC". These are conjoined by the vowel, so you'd type something like

[ki] [is]

If you wanted to type "applause"

[@p] [pla] [az]

(@ is the symbol for the vowel sound in "cat"... it may be written differently in Teto's voicebank.)

Just go through the oto, find out what letters/symbols indicate what sound in her voicebank, and then start stringing them together to make words! whole sentences can be made with that, like
"Walking down to the beach" could be made with

[wa] [ak] [ki] [ing] [da] [au] [un] [nt] [tO] [Oth] [thu] [ub] [bE] [Ech]

Lots of experimenting involved. :smile:

UTAUKimi-Yamamoto

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
When in doubt on how to use a new voicebank, always check the oto's aliases! That's where you're going to find all the files, and likely you'll understand how the voicebank works just by flipping through them.

For example, If you wanted to type "kiss" as a lyric, you'd make two seperate notes, the "CV" and the "VC". These are conjoined by the vowel, so you'd type something like

[ki] [is]

If you wanted to type "applause"

[@p] [pla] [az]

(@ is the symbol for the vowel sound in "cat"... it may be written differently in Teto's voicebank.)

Just go through the oto, find out what letters/symbols indicate what sound in her voicebank, and then start stringing them together to make words! whole sentences can be made with that, like
"Walking down to the beach" could be made with

[wa] [ak] [ki] [ing] [da] [au] [un] [nt] [tO] [Oth] [thu] [ub] [bE] [Ech]

Lots of experimenting involved. :smile:
Okay I guess I'll just have to play around with it. Thank you!

Reactions: Terindie

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Kasane Teto uses a version of Delta's english reclist, which is heavily based off X-SAMPA. You'll want to familiarize yourself with it. It's the same system Vocaloid uses, so any Engloid experience comes in handy.

The download for Teto's english also has a link to a plugin that functions as an automatic converter dictionary. It should be at least somewhat helpful to people who don't know how to use CVVC and want to convert words into their phonetics. In the end, it's better to rely on experience and do it all by hand.

I always love a good kitkat bar.

Chezzie (overseas fandom): [-I] [Ia] [al] [wA] [Az] [lu] [vu] [g6] [6d] [ki] [it] [k@] [@t] [ba] [ar]
Delta (jpn fandom): [- aI] [jA] [Al] [weI] [eI z] [lV] [vV] [gU] [U d] [kI] [I t] [k{] [{ t] [bA] [A r-]

Teto also has a lot of pronunciation problems especially around V/@. If they sound weird, try substituting with a/A/O or with each other. And her I tends to sound like i, so you could substitute it for e in some cases.

Another tip for fluency is to install teto directly by dragging the zip into UTAU instead of unzipping and moving it to the voice folder. Her voicebank is structured to put all of her voicebanks into one mega voicebank. This means you can use japanese and english together. You can use japanese Rs for the tap in words like "little" or "middle" or "butter," or replace similar sounding phonetics. (ex. bju sounds like bj3, so you can use びゅinstead)

UTAUKimi-Yamamoto

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Kasane Teto uses a version of Delta's english reclist, which is heavily based off X-SAMPA. You'll want to familiarize yourself with it. It's the same system Vocaloid uses, so any Engloid experience comes in handy.

The download for Teto's english also has a link to a plugin that functions as an automatic converter dictionary. It should be at least somewhat helpful to people who don't know how to use CVVC and want to convert words into their phonetics. In the end, it's better to rely on experience and do it all by hand.

I always love a good kitkat bar.

Chezzie (overseas fandom): [-I] [Ia] [al] [wA] [Az] [lu] [vu] [g6] [6d] [ki] [it] [k@] [@t] [ba] [ar]
Delta (jpn fandom): [- aI] [jA] [Al] [weI] [eI z] [lV] [vV] [gU] [U d] [kI] [I t] [k{] [{ t] [bA] [A r-]

Teto also has a lot of pronunciation problems especially around V/@. If they sound weird, try substituting with a/A/O or with each other. And her I tends to sound like i, so you could substitute it for e in some cases.

Another tip for fluency is to install teto directly by dragging the zip into UTAU instead of unzipping and moving it to the voice folder. Her voicebank is structured to put all of her voicebanks into one mega voicebank. This means you can use japanese and english together. You can use japanese Rs for the tap in words like "little" or "middle" or "butter," or replace similar sounding phonetics. (ex. bju sounds like bj3, so you can use びゅinstead)
Okay that's really helpful! Thank you :smile: