how to get a powerful voice help

Ruben_mcdoubleswag

Momo's Minion
i want to cover the song jitterdoll but i feel like my utau doesnt sound powerful in that song i only have a cv bank or how can i make a kire or sakebi bank like teto and ritsu :3:sing:

Angel

Momo's Minion
This belongs in a different section, but I'll still answer.
To record a 'kire' bank you need to record your voice more powerful and sharper.
Just strengthen your tone. ^^

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Specifically, you'll want to have a multi-pitch bank. There should be plenty of tutorials on it, but basically you have to record the same things at different pitches, alias them properly in the OTO, and configure the Prefix Map to use your high strong pitch on higher notes.

smeen

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
And for multipitch you can use CV, I've seen it done before and it works just fine.

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It doesn't HAVE to be multipitch. I feel people are saying that too much lately. If you don't have the time/energy for multipitch (*raises hand*) then a well done single pitch can do just as good of a job. After all, Ritsu's Kire really just comes from that C5 pitch. If the bank was only that single pitch, a non-multipitch, it'd still sound shouty and awesome. Multipitch just adds extra layers of variation to a voice.

rant aside

Strength depends on two things I feel. #1 being a microphone of at least okay quality (If it's all muffly and picks up background noise, your tone will never get through and it'll be impossible to make a nasal enough voice). #2, the main part, is tone. All strong banks, whether just strong in their single pitch (Sorane Rana) or strong in a higher pitch (Ritsu's popular banks), that's just it - the recordings are strong. What makes a strong voice is a full, mildly nasal tone and powerful consonants that aren't airy, slow, overly crisp - they're very strong. It all depends on the recordings.

Though some people just aren't built for voicing a nasal UTAU. I have difficulty making soft UTAUs, I just naturally make strong-ish ones. I know people who have trouble doing solid, strong voices. It just depends. But other than a baseline of quality for a mic, tone is everything.