how to get utau to sing smoothly?

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
A better OTO would make her smoother. Her OTO isn't bad now, but still could use some work your pronunciation as well.
Also, fitting a UST to an UTAU makes them smoother. Do you know how to do that?

animecrazy13

Momo's Minion
stormylullaby link said:
A better OTO would make her smoother. Her OTO isn't bad now, but still could use some work your pronunciation as well.
Also, fitting a UST to an UTAU makes them smoother. Do you know how to do that?
it was my first time doing an oto. :D
no i dont know how to fit the utau and ust if you could tell me how to id be gratefull! :D

stormylullaby

Always Watching You
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm assuming you have the English patch for UTAU, yes?

Go to Edit & hit Select All Notes.
Then right-click on any note, go down to Region Properties, & in the box that pops up, hit the Clear button, & make sure the STP space isn't grayed out. (The STP space appears when you hit Details at the bottom of the box). If the STP is grayed out, just put your cursor there & press the space bar.
Hit OK, then in your right hand corner (not all the way in the right xP) there are 4 buttons. Hit the one that says P2P3 & afterwards hit the one that says ACPT. This crossfades the envelopes into each other.
Then, go through the UST & make sure there aren't any exclamation marks over any notes. If there are, right-click on the note, go to Envelope, & press the middle button in the box that pops up. If the middle button doesn't fix anything, press the right button.
Congratsss, you fit the UST to your UTAU >.<

I can look at the OTO for you if you'd like, unless you wanna fix it yourself. Use some other banks you have as guides.

animecrazy13

Momo's Minion
stormylullaby link said:
I can look at the OTO for you if you'd like, unless you wanna fix it yourself. Use some other banks you have as guides.

that would be great!!! thanks!!! ill pm you the download link?

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
C-can I suggest something that works for m-me..?

I-I record all of my samples at the same time, i-in the same tone and voice; th-that way, it will all sound the same.

I-I've found that if you record in segments, some samples are different from others.

N-now, this might just be a problem and solution with me, but I h-highly suggest to record it all at the same time if you don't already.

Oh, um, if y-you're wondering how long it takes, it takes me about an hour; th-then again, I don't do ALL of the samples, but I never have any problems with missing a sound, so I do good, I guess.

U-um, sorry if I'm spamming you; I'm just trying to be helpful...

animecrazy13

Momo's Minion
ScandinavianSweetie link said:
C-can I suggest something that works for m-me..?

I-I record all of my samples at the same time, i-in the same tone and voice; th-that way, it will all sound the same.

I-I've found that if you record in segments, some samples are different from others.

N-now, this might just be a problem and solution with me, but I h-highly suggest to record it all at the same time if you don't already.

Oh, um, if y-you're wondering how long it takes, it takes me about an hour; th-then again, I don't do ALL of the samples, but I never have any problems with missing a sound, so I do good, I guess.

U-um, sorry if I'm spamming you; I'm just trying to be helpful...

ill try that on my next attempt thanks!!!!!! :D

P

PurinPuff

Along with fitting the ust to the voicebank, and having a good oto. Stringing notes and using crossfade tends to work fairly well too.

To string notes, select all of the ust (ctrl+a) and press the 'u' key, then click OK. Vowels will transition better this way.

Crossfade optimization can be done after you've rendered your selection of the ust. In the top right-hand area, where ACPT, P2P3 and P1P4 are, the next one, OPT will crossfade.

Also, using a good resampler that fit's your UTAU's voice does better than you think. Flags do wonders, as well.

I can add more to it, when I think of more.