How to get work UTAU under Windows 8.1 x64?

Savan Weylyn

Momo's Minion
Hello,

when I start the rendering the commad promt opens and writes file load error (see below) for every note. I did everything like in the tutorial, but it didn't solve the problem. This happens with every isntalled voicebank. I run UTAU as administrator from C:\UTAU . What can I do to make it work?
Problem_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Make sure ypur locale is properly changed and that your digit separation is set to a comma under currency & time
[DOUBLEPOST=1437336271][/DOUBLEPOST]http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-currency-measurements-display#1TC=windows-7
[DOUBLEPOST=1437336349][/DOUBLEPOST]While for windows 7....the directions here will help you properly set your separator
[DOUBLEPOST=1437336434][/DOUBLEPOST]
oEamC1Y.jpg

Digit grouping symbol
[DOUBLEPOST=1437336637][/DOUBLEPOST]could also be an issue with UTAU's install location, see if uninstalling and reinstalling in program folder helps- and check the folder permissions.

Last edited:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Change your locale via control panel (not settings app).
install_1.png
install_2.png

Like JeremyB796 said, check your decimal symbol as well. After all of that, reinstall UTAU.

For Windows 7 (and esp. 8/8.1/10) users, right click the UTAU folder, go to Properties, and go to the Security tab. You should see Users and your account name in parenthesis. Press the Edit button and give Users Full control. This will prevent future headaches such as being unable to save an edited oto.ini, etc. (otherwise, you will be required to open UTAU as administrator).

If you've done all of the above and still have problems, check the UST your using and see if the bank is compatible (You can't use a CV or CVVC ust with a VCV bank and vis versa.)

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Also try using a non-Japanese-symbol bank. If that works then it's locale. If you can't render even with a Romaji/english bank, than it's something else.

Savan Weylyn

Momo's Minion
I've installed the newest (0.4.18) version. First I tried to run UTAU through Microsoft AppLocale as I read it on the website, but it didn't solved my problem. After that I've set my locale to japanese and the separator st to a "," (comma), gave full access to the folder, but nothing helped. I don't have any english/romaji UST-s, so I can't test an english/romaji voicebank. I'll make a video for you to see what I am doing.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Do you have an antivirus application that could be blocking utau?

Savan Weylyn

Momo's Minion
I'm currently using ESET Smart Security, but this problem occured before I changed my AV software (I used Avast! Free Antivirus before).

SCARYCHEWINGGUM

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
what bank are you using? if its file names are in hiragana then they could be in mojibake (if the bank is unaliased, if its aliased make sure the ust is in romaji or hiragana, whichever is appropriate)

Also, if you set your locale after installation then you'll probably need to reinstall it.

(I have win 8.1 64x but i've never had this problem. hope this can help somewhat)

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
If you've already used it before changing your locale, chances are you've already corrupted them. You'll need to reinstall UTAU and redownload any JP VBs

Savan Weylyn

Momo's Minion
I am triing to use the Sora Denatsu Act 3 and the Utane Uta voicebanks. I finished the video and uploaded it to MEGA (i didn't want to upload it youtube).

Last edited:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't have any first hand knowledge of Denatsu Sora (I have none of her vbs), but Defoko is hiragana encoded and aliased. That vb is built to be used with hiragana cv by default (and in any case, it's not recommended for beginners cause it's poorly configured and needs to be oto'd completely from scratch). Please screencap the voice configuration. If everything is in gibberish, then your current installation is corrupted and you'll need to uninstall and delete any voicebanks you have.

1. Uninstall UTAU and delete the current installer you have as well as any voicebanks
2. Change your locale to Japanese using proper methods through control panel if you haven't already (you're using Windows 8 so applocale is unnecessary) and restart
3. Download UTAU 4.18e from here: http://utau2008.xrea.jp/
4. Install as you normally would.
5. Check Defoko's configuration.

04ba4e9d9b320cf35a38b6d13dd6e493.png

NOTE: This is not the default configuration, but my own. You'll notice however, that hiragana shows up properly on my machine (Windows 10 Enterprise).

As for the video:
1. I cannot access it without the decryption key
and
2. For the sake of security for this site's users, please upload media files such as video/images to sites like youtube/gyazo/something that can encrypted rather than downloaded from a third party. Or you can use the file upload function for images/zips/pdfs.

Savan Weylyn

Momo's Minion
Here are the files from the voicebanks and the video (now with the decription key included in it's link):
If the link does not work, I'll upload it to youtube.
Utane Uta
2015-07-21_15_50_17-CompatWindow_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Sora Denatsu
2015-07-21_15_57_35-CompatWindow_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

Zarsla

ENG-JPN UTAU User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@Savan Weylyn
It's because you're using app locale, you don't need it to run UTAU on windows 8.1 (I have been using win 8.1 x 64 for almost 2 years) what you need to do is go to control panel and change the locale settings there not use app locale, since app locale only works with romanji banks (I've tried app locale with windows 8l1 x64 for 6 months) unless you're using resampler.dll (and most people don't recommend that.)

To change locale:
1. Go to control panel under language/clock and region look under
2. Change date/time formats
3. Go to administrative
4. Go to language for non-Unicode programs and change that to Japanese,
5. Once you do that reset the computer and re-install UTAU and any voice banks/USTs avoid corruption from using app locale

Last edited: