How to make UST/MIDI files on MAC?

U

usagiringo

I've tried find out a lot how to on Mac but never found anything helpful...

Well... It would be super awesome if anyone who uses Mac could tell me witch program(s) uses to make own MIDI/UST files, so someday I could make own USTs too! (And also would appreciate if can give some links/tutorials as well, so easier me to get it and so on)

Thank you if anyone could help me!

Ps. Please, do not recommend me any "only for Windows" programs, because those doesn't work and I seriously don't have any Windows PC, only Mac! (And plus I've tried Wine, but wasn't good, so won't use it to run .exe...)

AmeKinoko

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I'm pretty sure you can make MIDIs with GarageBand, and USTs can just be made in UTAU, all though it may be different in UTAU-Synth, I don't know. I use my Mac for art, not UTAU, so I may be wrong.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
While I personally use FL Studio in Wine (due to having actually bought it) there's many a DAW available that should allow you the capability of creating a midi according to a song's vocal track.

For one delving into the world of VocaUTAU I'd recommend Studio One. One of the reasons is that Crypton Vocaloids come with Studio One, but another is that it is both easy to use and can sustain itself up to a more professional level, so there never is much of a need to switch DAWs if one continues to go up the level of complexity in various editions. The free version should offer you decent capabilities.

There's also a multitude of free DAWs out there and I'm sure that in exploring those, you'll find whatever works best for you.

As for the technique, I'll assume you mean the same method that Echoblossom takes. It should be rather straightforward to adapt what she does for whatever you're using.

U

usagiringo

While I personally use FL Studio in Wine (due to having actually bought it) there's many a DAW available that should allow you the capability of creating a midi according to a song's vocal track.

For one delving into the world of VocaUTAU I'd recommend Studio One. One of the reasons is that Crypton Vocaloids come with Studio One, but another is that it is both easy to use and can sustain itself up to a more professional level, so there never is much of a need to switch DAWs if one continues to go up the level of complexity in various editions. The free version should offer you decent capabilities.

There's also a multitude of free DAWs out there and I'm sure that in exploring those, you'll find whatever works best for you.

As for the technique, I'll assume you mean the same method that Echoblossom takes. It should be rather straightforward to adapt what she does for whatever you're using.

Oh, Thank you!

I'll check out that Studio One! ^^

TomgaffGames

Momo's Minion
Did Studio One work out for you? I tried it, but when I put down a note in the Editor, no sound came out. Everything else works fine. What should I do? :annoyed: