Tutorial How To: Record Korean Voice Libraries

Want to record a korean UTAU? Here are some resources to get you started!

1. N.Zo

N.Zo Nico Nico Need's A Nap Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    N.Zo submitted a new resource:

How To: Record Korean Voice Libraries - Want to record a korean UTAU? Here are some resources to get you started!

Read more about this resource...

3. Sors

Sors Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate Tutor Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Hi!
    I really like this resource, but pronounciation isn't all that correct.

u (우) is not the same as う, its actually more close to a spanish rounded u.

eo (어) is not necessarily VCCV 9, its kinda between 9 and u. In Sampa: Between O and V, but its closer to V.

You're also missing eu (으), which is an unrounded u, kinda an u while making the mouth shape for 'i'.

Also the double consonants arent really just unaspirated, but also tense. There is more silence between them.

H (ㅎ) also changes pronounciation depending on vowel. Befote i or y, its hy, like japanese ひ, before u or w, its hw, like japanese ふ and before eu its like hy, but further back in the throat.

I'd also suggest linking some Hangul learning site because in order to accurately use korean in UTAU, one should know hangul. Because romanized lyrics are often not accurate and dont take sound changes into account. I recommend http://www.koreanwikiproject.com/wiki/Learn_Hangeul to learn it as its important, especially when vowels clash. Like the word maeumul 마음울, with hangul you know its ma-eu-mul, but without it you dont know if its ma-eu or mae-u. Important to note is also that even though -w combinations like nwa (놔) exist, the w is barely pronounced. And also that -w also causes s to become sh, not only i and y.

Other than those this is actually a very good help! Its especially good to mention the g, d, j and b rule with beginning and middle sounds and also aspiration!

Kiyoteru, VocAddict and N.Zo like this.