How would I make a PV?

fiver

Teto's Territory
Aight guys.
As some of you know, I've been working on an original song for a while (and it's nearly done!). I wanna make a PV for its release, but everything I've googled seems to only be for windows (im on a mac haha). I also don't really wanna burden anyone with making it OTL.

scenikeight

Teto's Territory
Personally, I use Adobe After Effects CS6 which is very helpful for PV making and video editing (and works on Mac). If you're looking for a free option, I've never used it but Jahshaka is like a free version of After Effects as far as I can tell (obviously a little limited) and it might be your best alternative.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sonic candle works on any OS.
http://soniccandle.sourceforge.net/

If you set the background as bright green (#00FF00) then you can import the video over a picture in iMovie and make the green transparent.

I'm also fairly certain that GHOST also uses iMovie, though you may want to ask them for confirmation and possibly some tips.

Along with AegiSub (subtitles baked with ffmpeg) (both available for mac) I'm personally able to do this.

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Aviutl works really well. Just download the english patch and then all you have to do is figure it out o.ooh and it's free holy shit

Otherwise take time out of your life and draw one up yourself and put everything in moviemaker like i did that one time ugh

I wouldn't recommend After Effects just because it doesn't work well on every computer.... If you have a slow computer or small laptop, it will slow the living shit out of everything else on your device. However if you're using a reguar computer and nt just a laptop then you feel free to spend the money on After Effects because it is a good program.

fiver

Teto's Territory
Thanks yall for your advice! Im gonna look into everything haha.
I was thinking about Final Cut, but I haven't ever seen a PV made with it (at least i don't think i have).

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I would also recommend HitFilm! Unfortunately, I haven't got any experience with it, so I initially recommended only stuff that I know well. It seems pretty powerful! You'd still have to generate audio waveforms with something else though, because the audio visual pack for hitfilm costs money.

Reactions: Zoku

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
I'd also like to bring up that there's scripts you can run in Blender, which will create the audio waveform effect desired. Blender has an NLE built right in so you can do your final edit right in the program. Of course that doesn't change the fact that blender has a fairly steep learning curve, so it probably wouldn't be the best choice for a beginner.
this was made with blender (you can do much, much more than this, it just takes time and practice).

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Mougeki Mero

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Cinema 4D is great for 3D PVs!! It is like a improved version of MikuMikuDance. If you sre a 3D modeller, you can model in 3DSMax or Blender, export rhe models as .fbx and load on Cinema to make a PV. If I am nor wrong, the "Bad End Night", "Crazy Night", "Twilight Night", and othe songs PVed by TSO and VAVA are made in Cinema4D.

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I have to agree with Zoku, I tried out Hitfilm for the first time and it seems pretty easy to use once you catch on. It's good for the basics so you can move on to more advanced programs a little easier if you choose to do so.

Reactions: Zoku and Tema