Vocaloid I found a brazilian old journal (from 2003) about VOCALOID!

Discussion in 'Singing Robots General' started by Mougeki Mero, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    It is the Folha de S. Paulo! For non portuguese speakers, translate the page pls: http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/fsp/ilustrad/fq2811200311.htm

IT IS SO STUPID CAUSE ALL INFO THERE IS INCORRECT LOL! ALSO, SEXIST TEXT BELOW THE VOCALOID PART. Can you believe that (nowadays at least) this Journal is one, if not the most appreaised brazilian Journal?

3. WinterdrivE

WinterdrivE Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Granted I'm reading Google's translation, but aside from the "previously unsytheslizable human voice" thing, I wouldn't say its grossly incorrect, just extremely misleading. Cuz it makes it sound like you'll have all these famous singers at your fingertips, and while its hypothetically possible, its absolutely not the case.

Maybe when VOCALOID was still new and not an internet phenomenon there were more people contemplating the use of VOCALOID to capture famous/deceased singers, idk.

Also, wtf was all that stuff at the bottom and what did it have to do with VOCALOID? I feel like I just saw in-text ads in a journal.

kimchi-tan and Mougeki Mero like this.
  4. Mougeki Mero

Trophy Points
    Yes, the info about ZeroG and Yamaha was correct tho, but a bug mistake saying you could use all those Famous singers voices freely and magically, anyway...

Oh, it was the pop column of the journal, they arent adds, but an small Pop section where Music, Trends and such were discussed

5. Sync_Ye

Sync_Ye Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    something wrong is not right, oh as the site of the Folha de São Paulo would not be this ? http://www.folha.uol.com.br/ it seems to me more something caught in the google translator

6. Mougeki Mero

Trophy Points
    Nope, it is the older website they had way back in 2000 if I'm not mistaken. It was their official site until 2005;

Sync_Ye likes this.