I keep getting a resampler error HELP

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yup. I had to get a new hard drive for my laptop. So all my old UTAUloids are gone TT^TT but, so I redownloaded UTAU. And for the most part it worked until about 4 days ago. I keep getting a "resampler" error. I have no clue what it means. It wont let me play anything TT^TT Anyone know why? And could help?
thanks

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
First: Did you switch to Japanese locale before installing UTAU?
Second: You say it was working before. Were you using resampler.dll and it's resampler.exe that's not working?

Please post a screenshot of:
Control Panel's Region window: both for Additional Settings and Administrative
UTAU's main interface
Defoko's Voicebank configuration (Ctrl+G)

EDIT: If it's only your voicebank where others work without issue, what's the specifications of your voicebank?
VB Type: CV/CVVC/VCV
Encoding: romaji or hiragana
Alias: romaji, hiragana, x-sampa
OS Origins: was this made on a Windows, Mac, or Linux distro?

Reactions: Kiyoteru

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Don't worry about locale. If it was working before, it's not the issue. Try fresamp or something else and see what happens.

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
my UTAU (the new one i created is CV but is both romaji and hiragana and windows it what i have )

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Locale must always be Japanese (no exceptions)
Now, back on topic- have you changed any settings as of recent?

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
Please do not follow that advice- Locale must always be Japanese (no exceptions)
Now, back on topic- have you changed any settings as of recent?
Let's not start that one. Locale can be English if you are using English or Romaji only.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Let's not start that one. Locale can be English if you are using English or Romaji only.
actually still incorrect- the wrong locale can trigger errors when rendering(and many features and plugins will not run properly). also, if you ever want to use VCV then you need jpn.
Things like oremo wouldn't even run.
that being said- not doing it is an unneeded annoyance.

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
well on my old hard drive i was fine with using english (cause of the patch) I had my old UTAUloids just fine. Like my old one, Fumari Neko. She was made the same way as my new UTAU, CV vb but hiragana and romaji. ((I might guess VCV vb might have to use the japanese locale though. Which I just downloaded applocale if that does anything I do not know. )) But yeah Im very confused out of all this DX

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
actually still incorrect- the wrong locale can trigger errors when rendering(and many features and plugins will not run properly). also, if you ever want to use VCV then you need jpn.
Things like oremo wouldn't even run.
that being said- not doing it is an unneeded annoyance.
Moot point - this is not the problem OP is having.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
OP, please try changing the locale and rebooting- It should fix you problem.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
well on my old hard drive i was fine with using english (cause of the patch) I had my old UTAUloids just fine. Like my old one, Fumari Neko. She was made the same way as my new UTAU, CV vb but hiragana and romaji. ((I might guess VCV vb might have to use the japanese locale though. Which I just downloaded applocale if that does anything I do not know. )) But yeah Im very confused out of all this DX
Things to try:
  1. Go ahead and switch to Japanese locale if you haven't, just in case this is the problem
  2. Download another resampler like fresamp, see if that works
  3. Reinstall utau again
  4. Try another voice bank, preferably romaji or english, no VCV

ARIA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
May I ask if there is a way to uninstall it then reinstall? Cause I tried uninstalling it... But it booted me out of it and didnt uninstall. And atm I believe I have my locale set at japanese... It might have been the switch I made trying to play a japanese game... I still dont know TT^TT

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oh- please don't use applocale. it is no longer supported by microsoft and never worked properly with utau in the first place.
simply uninstall from the control panel

it's a pain but necessary.

KNΞMΛTCS

Just an UtaForum user
Defender of Defoko
May I ask if there is a way to uninstall it then reinstall? Cause I tried uninstalling it... But it booted me out of it and didnt uninstall. And atm I believe I have my locale set at japanese... It might have been the switch I made trying to play a japanese game... I still dont know TT^TT
Just uninstall it as much as you can, then run your installer.
[DOUBLEPOST=1437677053][/DOUBLEPOST]Also you can try downloading a new installer if you want, some people say redownloading helps.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Uninstall UTAU through the control panel (if control panel isn't an option, then try revo uninstaller). Make sure your locale is set to Japanese and decimal symbol is a period and not a comma (if you're American, you shouldn't need to do this for the decimal, but it doesn't hurt to check). Install the latest version of UTAU from here: http://utau2008.xrea.jp/

v0.4.18e インストーラ
- This version has English UI already built in and does not require a patch. DO NOT USE APPLOCALE. It is unsupported and actually does the opposite of what it was meant to do: On a modern Windows system (7 up to Windows 10 Enterprise) that already has proper Japanese locale, it will actually install as if the machine was never locale'd in the first place.

- I apologize for the poor quality, but another user has the exact same problem as you're having and I believe it stems from using Applocale on a machine that does not need it.

Last edited: