I want to learn how to oto VCV

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
I've been wanting to learn how to oto for a long time. I know I should probably start with CV but I want to learn how to oto VCV. I have made two VCV voicebanks but got the otos commissioned. I like using VCV and don't want to make a CV. I know this is a big step to take but I really like VCV.

Are there any tutorials you'd recommend? Any resources or tips would be greatly appreciated.
I don't have any otoing experience so I really need help >.<

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
i would first learn how to oto CV first honesly, it makes learning VCV oto sooo much easier since it's the very roots of it
[doublepost=1484077010][/doublepost]that being said, CZloid's creator posted an easy to understand tutorial on how to oto CV

Reactions: Dane

LilyoftheValley

Your local flower girl
Defender of Defoko
i would first learn how to oto CV first honesly, it makes learning VCV oto sooo much easier since it's the very roots of it
[doublepost=1484077010][/doublepost]that being said, CZloid's creator posted an easy to understand tutorial on how to oto CV
Yeah, that's what I thought too. I've seen PaintedCZ's tutorial already :D

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Ash Ketchum
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
then probably move the oto of a CV utau and try and do it from scratch and see how it sounds :D then when you get enough practice, try VCV because it's the same only with a consenant before the vowel cx

K

Kassandra

tbh vcv otoing is easier than cv otoing because you need to know the overlap placement for different consonants whereas in vcv all you have to do is drag 1 line, assuming you recorded and set up your base oto correctly.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Assuming you (like almost everyone else) will use a generator to get aliases, this is how the oto of individual samples works.

morWqnY.png

The three generators out there are Tady's applet, Moresampler, and OREMO. I personally use OREMO's generator because I record with OREMO too, so it's convenient. Tady's generator is compatible with both hiragana and specifically formatted romaji reclists, but it's actually customizable too.