I'd like some opinions on Ofuji's design and Backstory?

Cronic

Teto's Territory
As the title hopefully suggests, I'm looking for some critique? o 3o
I'm not looking for critique on the level of quality of the art as whole (If you understand what I mean?) But rather how the colours go together, how the clothes look, the hair, etc
And for her back-story it's not really like massive, I just wanted to know what people think of it haha.
Here it is:
"Ofuji is a mountain girl born in 1919's America, with the name Olivia Agate, and for the first 10 years of her life she lived luxuriously with lots of money, thanks to the economic boom in America, but when the wall street crash in 1929 happened she had to move away from New York and to California. Her family was greatly affected by the Great Depression, and Olivia had to do a lot of farming work for her family while they were out searching for jobs. In 1949 she decided that she would give up the farming life and, instead, explore mountains and live a free life. In 1954 she legally changed her name to Ofuji after seeing the breathtaking views from Mt. Fuji."
And for the art:
ofuji_by_cronic342-d8w5t73.png

Any critique is helpful! ;; w;;//

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
Backstory, awesome! I like how its rooted in actual events. As for the art, aside from what I previously mentioned, I like the way you tried to invoke the concept of ass and butt, but it looks wrong, it shouldnt hang down like that. Study some examples n youll see what I mean! Overall though excellent job, I cant touch that level of art.

Cronic

Teto's Territory
Ah thank you! ;; w;; I shall keep in mind what you ass about her butt for future art, but for now she shall just have to have a saggy ass x'D

Reactions: GothAmaterasu

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I really like her palette and coloring, it's very well done! I only find a discrepancy in the way the hair, eyebrows, and rest are textured, but I couldn't do it better myself! I thought the butt oteto mentioned was a ribbon or bow; it does look a little weird after having someone pointing it out, but it's by no means bothersome or offensive or whatever ^-^*

I wasn't expecting that backstory and really like it! The first bit reminds me of the Grapes of Wrath and similar stories. Was this inspired by any of those? It would be nice if the voice could somehow reflect her backstory, but I think it's nice enough to stand out on its own. Good job!

Cronic

Teto's Territory
Aah thank you O v O// I know the colouring is like really uh, mixed x'D I spend like ages doing the hair and then I can't like do the same with anything else :sing: And I've never heard of Grapes of Wrath o 3o'' It was inspired by my history lessons to be completely honest x'D We learnt all about the boom and great depression so I thought I might as well use the knowledge x'D

B

bodytemp

Okay coming from a concept perspective I can see some flaws. She's from the 1950s and such back then these sort of clothing wouldn't have existed nor would anyone wear clothing like this. I would probably do some attire based on the era that she is from. As she does have a backstory I would probably expand on that as well. As it states she has a connection to mt fuji hence her name. I would probably place her more into the japanese sort of stylisation when it comes to clothing. Over all Her concept has some period mistakes but I do enjoy her back story, I just wish there was more of it.

Cronic

Teto's Territory
Thank you ;; w;; I haven't got the effort to re-draw her, but if I do (probably will in the future) I shall take what you said into account (although I am quite fond of these clothes, as she's had them for like a year and a half now) ^^''
She only changed her name because she thought the views were beautiful from Mt Fuji, She's probably somewhere else in the world now climbing a different mountain ;; w;;
I'm probably going to write more of her back story explaining how she's linked in with Candy and Xendalia though, I just have to figure out how (Probably through Xendalia) o 3o

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Aah thank you O v O// I know the colouring is like really uh, mixed x'D I spend like ages doing the hair and then I can't like do the same with anything else :sing: And I've never heard of Grapes of Wrath o 3o'' It was inspired by my history lessons to be completely honest x'D We learnt all about the boom and great depression so I thought I might as well use the knowledge x'D

I'd hate to ramble on about it, but my school would always mention John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath along with the Depression since some of it took part in our state and somewhat "shook the nation." Never read it myself (I hear it graphically displays poverty) so I don't know if it's for you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grapes_of_Wrath

Since Ofuji's clothes have been mentioned, I had assumed they were from Japan or home made. Since I know little to none about Japan in this time period, I have no right to say they're historically accurate or not. If accuracy is really important to you here and you really like history, I'd research the history of whichever country you'd like her to live and see what mountain folk would have worn. Since she's your character, don't feel obligated to, but the suggestion is just for accuracy's sake.

Cronic

Teto's Territory
oH, Steinbeck! She was based more off of Of Mice and Men to an extent (Moving to California, etc) so you were almost there! x'D
And as for the inaccuracy of her outfit, I think I've though of a way to explain it, however I need to get Xendalia's MK II design done ;; w;;
(As a little teaser: Theres going to be a "Pre-Xendalia MK II Ofuji" which is the original Ofuji and an "After Xendalia MK II Ofuji" which is the one above.)