Is there a voice type that you dislike/are tired of seeing?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by RaccoonButler, May 20, 2016.

1. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    As in, a type of voice (ex. powerful young girl voice), not a voice with technical issues (ex. badly oto'd voice, unclear voice)

It may just not appeal to you, or you may just be tired of that type of VB.

nanaro likes this.
  3. _caustic_

_caustic_ Sanely Insane. Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    kawaii desu ne

4. sailor _ravioli

sailor _ravioli Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Powerful young female voices like gahata meiji are kind annoying imo the voice type is over hyped/over used

Last edited: May 20, 2016
  5. Vivification

Vivification Falsetto Makearu Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I believe you mean a whistle tone.

6. Holliewood

Holliewood Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    Kire...it just doesn`t totally appeal to me sice some people who try to do it either do it wrong or badly.
    sorry if I offended anyone...

7. Negumi

Negumi Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I personally find the kire thing a bit overused, I get that people want to emulate power, but it sort of gets badly done most of the time.

VocAddict, nanaro, Piia and 5 others like this.
  8. ExistenceReaper

ExistenceReaper 109%, the smiling idiot Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Depends on the song, but I'm kinda sick of hearing overly adorable voices.

9. MAJAstral

MAJAstral Teto's Territory

Trophy Points
    Each time I happened to despise a particular voice type, I always ended up recording a UTAU with the said type

BUT I will even risk myself at saying expression-less voices disturb me.
    I automatically imagine a GPS trying to sing a lullaby
    ...and it's disturbing.

10. ExistenceReaper

ExistenceReaper 109%, the smiling idiot Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Now scarred forever

VocAddict, Pupuomena and MAJAstral like this.
  11. Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    KIRE...It IS overused, people just take a random UST and play it on the highest octaves shouting like a crazy and...I just hate...it looks bad...and not realistic how it sho
    uld be

VocAddict, nanaro, Piia and 4 others like this.
  12. A R I E S

A R I E S The Fabulous Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm always tired of seeeing voices

13. Kitcat190

Kitcat190 Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm not a fan of banks that sound like the voicer was trying too hard. Not as in they didn't put in the work, but rather the equivalent of someone who can't sing, try too hard to make themselves sing. It just gives off a pretty bad tone and pronunciation that I kind of just roll my eyes at. I like the natural sound and fluidity of a bank. I actually don't mind a good kire or power bank in general as long as it's not like what I stated above ヽ( ´ ∇ ` )ノ

14. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points
    It seems like people are complaining more about the misuse of Kire rather than the actual kire voice type

15. _caustic_

_caustic_ Sanely Insane. Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    imo, I dislike kire.
    They just sound so unnatural, no real person would go from a low soft to a shout high in regular singing and the variation is way too exaggerated.

ermm...Strong yet childish voices...also (they sound like screaming...well...children)

...Overly exaggerated/deep male voices that sound like they should be in a children's cartoon rather than a voicebank.

to name a few.

16. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points
    Most singers I've met through choir get significantly louder when they sing higher because if you don't get the proper support, you usually sound like you're dying, lel.

But I agree it is a bit exaggerated.

17. 수연 <Suyeon>

수연 <Suyeon> Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Nasal voices - not so much the timbre (like some voices are akin to... a violin or brass instrument - ritsu's voice reminds me of such), but some voices that are nasal (assuming it's not for stylistic purpose such as sharp appends) just come across as being incapable of singing from the diaphraghm and resonating properly and it shows that the voicer can't sing.

18. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points
    And I'm just gonna add my own input here, The main problem with Kire VBs usually it seems is that people are just loud for the sake of being loud.

Since Ruko Yokune Kire and Namine Ritsu Kire, people kind of assume that louder = better, but don't take into account the needed breath support and comfortableness singing with that force, so they sort of just scream and assume it'll sound good.

AND THE BIG PROBLEM IS people usually DO think it sounds better louder (even if the stress in the voice is obvious, people usually think it sounds emotional or dramatic.)
    And it's kind of a cheat, because people will flock to those banks which motivates people to do more banks like that.

Kire can be really good, but it shouldn't be for the the sake of just being loud. It should be what's best for the voice. If it's not natural for the voicer to sound that way, it'll be obvious.

Quieter VBs don't appeal to people sometimes because they don't sound dramatic or emotional. But a quieter bank can have just as much expression if you record the pitches with variety (ie. Yamine Renri).

But people usually don't do that with quiet banks either and, like kire banks, just record a quiet bank for the sake of it being quiet for quiet songs.

19. Rose✿ ✧・゚

Rose✿ ✧・゚ The Un-wicked Witch Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I really tend to like most voice types but I think like really childish, nasally voice types are something I can't listen to for too long. Some of them can be okay, but a lot end up coming out as chipmunky and odd. (I say this as a person who tried to make a voice like this once, it sounded terrible.)

20. CarrotBunz

CarrotBunz Lazy Rabbit Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I don't really like anything too forced (unless it was done on purpose to get emotion into the bank Example: Hana's experiment bank) but something that's forced alot and for something that's not supposed to be forced doesn't sound all that good for me sometimes.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 20, 2016 ---
    and also i dislike the high pitched banks made by like younger (sometimes older) people to get the child effect and then when it also ends up really loud

Last edited: May 20, 2016
    nanaro likes this.
  21. Yue Koromo (挙母越)

Yue Koromo (挙母越) Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    I don't really like voices that sound forced, or voices in which the Japanese pronunciation is just not really there (if it's a Japanese UTAU made by someone who doesn't have a basic understanding of the Japanese Language).

VocAddict, supaisu, nanaro and 2 others like this.