Is there a voice type that you dislike/are tired of seeing?

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by RaccoonButler, May 20, 2016.

1. Kuro Cure

Kuro Cure Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    YOU HIT THE NAIL RIGHT ON THE HEAD! OAO

nanaro likes this.
  2. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡 Local smol Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    voices that are supposedly moe, there are a range of exceptions for me personally however so

supaisu and nanaro like this.
  3. Animé Fan

Animé Fan Head of the Shonen Academy Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Such voices are actually really hard to do. I tried speaking with such a voice for a whole day and I got a huge headache in the end! Same goes for recording UTAU.

VocAddict, Pupuomena and kimchi-tan like this.
  4. Piia

Piia Ritsu's Renegades Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I don't like ones that sound like they were singing with their throat and nose.
    I also don't like those Voice banks that sound more like flutes (windy voices) with very unclear pronunciations.
    Oh and speaking of pronunciation, I don't enjoy those with a heavy "clearly not Japanese" accent (unless intentionally done by voice provider/ clearly not made for Japanese songs/ unintentionally by beginners then that I can forgive) because we have Otakune for that.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  5. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    clearly not japanese accents-- white accents in utau really bother me kinda like piia said

6. Piia

Trophy Points
    White accents on UTAU sound like weeb accents smh
    Oh and personally, I'm really tired of seeing Kire sorry (even though I like how they sound)

7. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    kire doesn't makes sense to me, how they sing lower notes soft and then automatically get high and powerful at higher notes and it just sounds like... unnartural and the opposite of good. like, yeah to sing higher notes you sing louder but you don't sing more powerfully.

Olivia091220034, nanaro and Piia like this.
  8. Velvet

Velvet Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Im sorry this really bothers me bc getting more powerful as the notes get higher is literally what I've heard good singers do,, just getting louder and not changing up the tone to be stronger (especially with UTAU) can make for bland, monotonous singing in the worst case
    I don't really consider Ritsu kire, Matsudappoiyo Edge, Mawarine Shuu, or Kohaku Merry Acrobat to be the "opposite of good"

Getting back to the question though, I think overly cutesy & squeaky voices get tiring to listen too after a while, since they're hard to do right (especially with English UTAU; those often sound extremely over-exaggerated)

9. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    imma rephrase that--

i've actually listened to male ruko's samples individually bc i record with them to make sure i stay in tune while making a voicebank, and yes he does get louder, but like.. not dramatically louder. the volume change is slight and so is the change in the use of power in his voice, which makes it a smoother transition. When people do really dramatic changes in power and volume, that's when it starts sounding less good to me

10. Kuro Cure

Kuro Cure Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    so what you're saying is you dislike poorly done kire banks

11. Velvet

Velvet Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Ohhhh so like, badly done kire banks
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2017 ---
    To quote kuro--

12. ☆彡иα∂ιѕ☆彡

Trophy Points
    @Velvet yeah, sorry i knew what i was thinking in my head hut i didn't write it v well XD

VocAddict, nanaro, kimchi-tan and 2 others like this.
  13. 수연 <Suyeon>

수연 <Suyeon> Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm sorry but what is a "white" accent? Does that mean a "black" accent would sound better if a voicer didn't study Japanese phonetics? I think the term you're looking for is a western - particularly American (let's be real, that's usually the accent that doesn't translate well with our aspirations and R's. Our R's sound terrible, even in English UTAU) - accent.

VocAddict and Velvet like this.
  14. Kassandra

Kassandra Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    yeah i can't deal with people who won't fix their JP pronunciation (especially those who've been around a while). also generic voices for either gender are really boring. most people won't even warm up before recording and don't sing, a lot of times their recordings are just them talking which leads to having a pitiful vocal range unless multipitch, but, even then, a lot of people have poor transitioning which is why their kire banks end up being really bad. :/ I love kire banks/power banks, but if the transitions are bad then you might wanna try and fix it. :U

I'm not into any really heavy accents or harsh sounds like 'er' in english, a lot of people record too pronounced and when you sing or listen to people sing you can hear a major difference between that and how someone talks, and a lot of people record like how they would speak vs sing.

15. LilyoftheValley

LilyoftheValley Your local flower girl Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I don't like really nasally voices I also don't like western pronunciation (for newbies it's perfectly fine)

nanaro, kimchi-tan, Pupuomena and 2 others like this.
  16. supaisu

supaisu Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    overly cutesy voices, like SO HIGH, with people trying to imitate the "average anime girl"

Olivia091220034, Piia and Animé Fan like this.
  17. Animé Fan

Animé Fan Head of the Shonen Academy Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Especially if the voice doesn't match the age and/or design.

supaisu and Pupuomena like this.
  18. Piia

Trophy Points
    ^^^^
    I also dislike those that sound like they were trying to imitate a duck t(-_-t)

19. TrebleConfections

TrebleConfections Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I can't say that I really dislike any voice type as long as it sounds clear and matches the design....//;;;

I suppose I could say that I'm not a fan of voices that aren't really dynamic sounding and sound inexpressive?

But then again, they can be charming in their own way....I'm really bad at this LOL

VocAddict, Tema, kimchi-tan and 4 others like this.
  20. Piia

Trophy Points
    You're way too nice for this hahaha :')