Is there a voice type that you dislike/are tired of seeing?

Animé Fan

Head of the Shonen Academy
Defender of Defoko
There isn't a voice type I really dislike except I am tired of seeing generic high female voices and high males.

That and I can't really stand any high American accented English bank.
What do you mean by "high males"?

CyberneticEden

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Unless it's a joke, nasally childish voices, and emotionless deep female voices. No issues with accents, unless it's all horribly mispronounced to where it's not understandable, but yeah (harsh british accents for high pitched banks can honestly be kind of annoying though...)-

Last edited:
Reactions: Piia

Ressa

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I think the proper term for that is sopranist.
Both are correct, even if that specific name exists, it's okay to say boy soprano because it lays around the same range, simplifies terminology that way
[doublepost=1485992942][/doublepost]
Sorry to go off topic, but alto and contralto are the same thing in music. Alto is just the more commonly used term, particularly in choir music.
even though they're both alto, they have different qualities to them. Kinda like all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares.

Reactions: kimchi-tan

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
Both are correct, even if that specific name exists, it's okay to say boy soprano because it lays around the same range, simplifies terminology that way
Though I personally wouldn't call my UTAU "sopranist", since they're supposed to resemble young boys or shotas. I'd say shonen, but the sad stigma that comes with the word and many sneers people give it sort of forbids me to describe them in this case.

Ressa

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Though I personally wouldn't call my UTAU "sopranist", since they're supposed to resemble young boys or shotas. I'd say shonen, but the sad stigma that comes with the word and many sneers people give it sort of forbids me to describe them in this case.
Either or, it's just classification, no matter what connotation it has. There's nothing wrong about it, so don't worry! . Young boy /preteen sounding voices are usually treble voices. I consider len an alto boy despite his range and age. Interpretations and classifications are somewhat subjective, though.

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
Either or, it's just classification, no matter what connotation it has. There's nothing wrong about it, so don't worry! . Young boy /preteen sounding voices are usually treble voices. I consider len an alto boy despite his range and age. Interpretations and classifications are somewhat subjective, though.
I always saw Len as a soprano/treble. Years ago, I heard him and Rin do a cover of GOD DIVA and Len sang all the operatic parts. If you ask me, Len sings higher notes way better and more tolerable than Rin.

Ressa

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I always saw Len as a soprano/treble. Years ago, I heard him and Rin do a cover of GOD DIVA and Len sang all the operatic parts. If you ask me, Len sings higher notes way better and more tolerable than Rin.
that's because len's voicer probably lifts her soft palate when voicing him, making high notes sound real nice and clear. Rin's voice is much brighter, sounding brassy on higher notes. She's more of a mezzo to me (SORRY FOR STRAYING FROM THE TOPIC I JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS INTERESTING SJDAHGFAF)

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
that's because len's voicer probably lifts her soft palate when voicing him, making high notes sound real nice and clear. Rin's voice is much brighter, sounding brassy on higher notes. She's more of a mezzo to me (SORRY FOR STRAYING FROM THE TOPIC I JUST THOUGHT THIS WAS INTERESTING SJDAHGFAF)
Same. Rin's a mezzo-soprano or Soprano 2, while Len's a Soprano 1. At least in my head.

I apologize too! :cry:

VocAddict

The Voice Within Us
Defender of Defoko
What do you mean by "high males"?
Hmm... anything above tenor lol.

Mostly shonen banks and those where people are bass/tenor and try to record way out of their range.

I second this.
I find it just sounds really grating, like nails on a chalkboard sometimes.
I think I just dislike the American accent a great deal at that pitch. Even in vocaloid, it aggravates me. (British accents on the other hand yum)

Reactions: WyndReed

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
Hmm... anything above tenor lol.

Mostly shonen banks and those where people are bass/tenor and try to record way out of their range.
I see. I guess that means I should be ashamed of making my UTAU, since they're all shotas. :sad:

Animé Fan

Defender of Defoko
As long as it's not a generic shonen, I'll probably like it lol.
I was just saying. My UTAU already get looked down uponjust by the way they look and that alone is enough to shoot me down. It makes it difficult for my UTAU and me to interact with others' UTAU.

Going off-topic. Sorry!

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Sorry to go off topic, but alto and contralto are the same thing in music. Alto is just the more commonly used term, particularly in choir music.
I found a lot of conflicting arguments online whether or not they're not the same thing or not, so I guess what I meant is female voices with a deeper range than an average alto.

Young boy voices are either hit or miss for me.