Is there a way to run UTAU Synth on Windows 10?

Discussion in 'UtaHelp' started by RaccoonButler, Jun 22, 2018.

1. RaccoonButler

RaccoonButler Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I've been using UTAU Synth my entire time with UTAU, originally out of obligation as the only computer I had access to was a Mac and my access to it is limited. Recently, though, I've received a used windows laptop. If I could do UTAU on that computer while I'm unable to use the Mac, it would really boost my productivity.

However, I really have difficulty trying to get the hang of Windows UTAU and I've found that I really kind of hate using it. It's honestly really frustrating to me because of the transitional learning curve and really I have hand cramps from just trying to get it.

Is there a way to run UTAU Synth on Windows (risking minimal problems to the computer of course)?
    If not I suppose I'll just have to try and accept my fate but if there is, I would appreciate some guidance.

Thank you in advance

3. HarutoHCB1

HarutoHCB1 Furloid Enthusiast

Trophy Points
    You can create a Virtual Machine with Hackintosh. But it's a little difficult and illegal. There is no legal way to run macOS software on Windows other than downloading the Windows version. Idk how apple would react if they found out

4. Sync_Ye

Sync_Ye Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    in fact if you have a legal physical copy of MacOS you can install in any personal machine of yours. (NOTE: at least in my country this is classified as a married sale and because of this you are free to install it anywhere you want without worry)

5. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points

Ah, I didn’t even know there was a windows version of mac- would it be safer to go with that-
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 23, 2018 ---
    Oh, that makes sense, I know that it’s the same with games and emulators so I think that’s probably the rule

6. kamonohashi

kamonohashi a small person Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    i believe the first person meant the windows version of utau, not mac

7. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points
    Ohh, I see

8. HarutoHCB1

HarutoHCB1 Furloid Enthusiast

Trophy Points
    I met you can run macOS on top of Windows. It is possible to run macOS legally on Windows hardware if you buy a physical version. Idk if you have to format your PC first. You most likely don't tho

9. RaccoonButler

Trophy Points
    Ah, I see, so you’d have to purchase it