KLAD Voicebank Requests

How many pitches should the voicebanks have?

• Total voters

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I'm not retiring my previous main UTAU, Mita Souzou. I've just become uninterested in the character, and uninterested in using my natural voice for her voicebanks. Instead, I'm relegating her to a higher range and using my natural voice for a new UTAU. This new UTAU won't have a character, and simply be named after me ("KLAD Arpasing," etc). I want to consult the community on a few things.

What languages should I do? I'm currently thinking of doing English, Esperanto, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean. Maybe Tagalog, too. If you have additional suggestions, please link me to a reclist.

And the question in the poll- how many pitches should all of the banks have?

4 Pitch Scheme
Highest - Soft, light tone
Mid-high - Powerful
Mid-low - Neutral
Lowest - Soft, warm tone

3x3 Pitch Scheme
3 pitches soft
3 pitches neutral
3 pitches power

I think it'd be better to have the languages be consistent, so that people will be familiar with the tonal options available from the get go and be able to mix languages together nicely.

Any other suggestions/feedback/advice are welcome.

Maybe I'll make a proof of concept CV bank.

Reactions: VocAddict

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think that 3x3 gives more "expression" possibilities to VB and makes it to sing more different music genres but 3x3 might be too big work to handle/finish when comes with lot of sounds (English, Chinese etc), so with those I think that one 4 pitch VB is enough.

If vb file is ridiculous big like over 500MB as packed, then I think that you should give an option to DL it in parts/DL specific pitche(s) only. Otherwise all's OK

Reactions: Kiyoteru