Ling Voicer Contest !

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ok so I jsut noticed a few min ago some lines onto the article of Ling, where it's said Vocanese launched two days ago a contest to seek a voicer for Ling.

Here are the "rules" :

On August 2nd, starting at 10 AM, VOCANESE has announced that they are holding an audition for the voice of Ling. According to the rules, the activity is limited to females only. The sound files must be in MP3 format, and 320 Kbps. The sound files include a 3 minute speech and a 3 minute recording of singing, both in Chinese.
For the speaking portion, the participant must express their anticipation and/or congratulate Ling. While speaking, it is emphasized that the participant must use their natural voice and refrain from changing their voice.
For the singing portion, the participant is allowed to sing in any genre that they are familiar with and record the singing acapella. When submitting their work, personal details must be included (such as name, mobile number, QQ (an msn-like program) account, contacting address, and personal photo). The auditions will end on August 20th at 3 PM. [6
From Ling's article on vocaloidwkia.

Honestly I wouldn't have minded trying but.... With how chaotic are my speaking and singing, it wouldn't have fitted, and well too much reasons =/ (moreover i don't think my voice would fit her, and scared imagining the recordings session if i was accepted x'SSS)

Edit (since I have posted too much times simultaneously) :

Some news here !
Besides the goodies including calendars featuring the whole VOCANESE cast; Inory, the voicer of Ling could hear the demo and the adjustements. Here is what she expressed about it :

"I heard the demo ~ but I can't leak it, I can just tell you my feedback, I am very concern about fitting Ling's image when I record her VB, so the outcome of the demo is basically different from the "Mo Li Hua" demo. In conclusion, she sound like a stubborn and energetic girl, a bit boyish but definately a girl voice, I can't really describe it... From what I know they should be summit it to YAMAHA, I'm not sure about the release date but it suppose to be around this few month"
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3537694042?share=9105

I'm really happy as it was exactly the same kind of voice I was imaginig for her ^^ Your thoughts/expectations about it ?

Last edited:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ahh, I really wish I could audition, but I've been doing terribly in chinese so I don't think I could manage the speaking portion...

Reactions: samth1815

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Same =C Otherwise it'd sound really forced and shaky

And also, here are the candidates for Ling (as for Lorra's, the winner will be chosen from ratings) And for the moments they are six

As for Lorra, you go onto this website, click on Ling's details and then scroll down so you can hear the six candidates

Personally, I've listened to the six audio files and I'd say the closest to how I imagine Ling's voice would be SUSU (and only for talking part) ... Then all of six can fit, but I think the ones having the highest chances to be the selected winner would be SUSU, Yumiya (seemed the most interesting one), 菊花花 and 少愿愿

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Three voicers were kept for Ling !

They are : 祈Inory、菊花花、幽舞越山

I find this strange though they haen't picked the winner yet =S Except if they wanted to go progressively before selecting the final voicer... But oh well

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
(Sorry for the triple-post OTL if a mod can merge my latest posts so I can bump the thread without posting a ton of messages...)

祈Inory will voice Ling !