Looking For Beta Testers

Discussion in 'Requested VB Critiques' started by Rudje, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Rudje

Rudje Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    So CHROMA RGB0's Red beta is finished, and I'd like them to be looked at by people who are competent at this kind of thing so that I know what to work on.

Here's a link, hopefully it works.

Known issues:
    Some sounds are "softer" than others and will need rerecording for consistency's sake.
    ka.wav has been a problem in the past (specifically, making resamplers crash); I've rerecorded and replaced the offending file, but do tell me if it acts up again.

3. TakeruInudo

TakeruInudo Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    As I don't like to be too harsh sounding, I feel like not much effort was put into this. I understand that it is 'BETA' stage but I feel that you may not have done much research at all when it comes to making a vb. Needless to say that all of the recordings are very wrong on many levels & areas.

Don't be discouraged though, practice does eventually become quality (nothing is perfect so I never say perfect lol).

When recording a VB (whether its CV / VCV / CV VC ect.) using your recording program (I prefer Audacity) one of the main things you need to keep in mind is that you need 1 second of silence before your word (not 0.3) but an actual second, this gives you better control on how your begining word will sound more natural. Some VBs you don't need to do any editing but I do on most occasions (here is a sample of how I edit my recordings & you can see an example of how much free space before a word you need when your going to import it into the UTAU folder ). When recording your words be sure to keep your consonants short & crisp while your vowels longs, I really cant stress this enough. You can see in my video that each word in the recording is approximately 1 second long, any shorter then that creates a warped recording in the UTAU program because the program is trying to forcibly 'stretch' the recording to fit the not. When exporting be sure to export in WAV. 16 bit (not 64). When I DL your bank I had to put a recording into Audacity & re-export it because it was not in the right WAV file bit.

I also suggest you read my comment on here http://utaforum.net/threads/kirokukeitaiwhiskeyv-download-feedback-and-reviews-welcome.13533/ for some more details when it comes to improve you VBs oto.ini

Hope this helps :smile:

4. Rudje

Rudje Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    My research actually didn't indicate the need for the full second of sound/silence! Likely just a case of my being bad at googling things, though. I'll go and rerecord the lot, then, since that's a big thing to not know about and needs to be immediately fixed.

Which files was it (don't actually answer I'm going through the folder to see which ones are wrong myself)? I thought I exported them all with the right bitrate, so this is surprising to hear.

5. TakeruInudo

TakeruInudo Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    The entire folder was not being recognized. I myself am working on a tutorial that better explains the tidbits that are not ever really expressed when making a VB. I should have it uploaded by the end of the week if you are still interested.

6. Rudje

Rudje Momo's Minion

Trophy Points
    That is WEIRD, because 16bit WAV is my default export setting, and it's all recognized on my end... Maybe something with the filesharing method? I'll keep looking into it.