Looking for fancy languages to work on

MAJAstral

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
[I did my best for the title...forgive me...also hoping it's the right section//sweats]

Anyway,

Here starts my babbling [Skip it if you want]

Due to my huge lack of social life, I've discovered myself an actual passion for "lazy reclists" writing (that's what happens after you start finding OTO funny to do but can't record +1000 samples because your voice is as active as your life but that you're also an hardcore fan of appends and multipitch because...yas.) and I am planning to work on another of those lazy reclists this Summer.

What I call a "lazy" reclist is simply a reclist involving the least of recordings possible. Allowing people not to die if someday the fantastic idea of making a 99pitch VB came to their mind (well that's extreme, I know. But aren't we all a bit extreme in this community?//stares at those people who actually do that-with respect-and judgment-mostly judgment)

- It must be fast to record (So arrivederci VCV and VCCV!)
- BUT decent enough to cover the fact you're just another lazy bum (Hallo CVVC!)
- BUT you better be decent at OTOs/editing to get the second condition to apply, don't dream too much either...

In a nutshell, that's the reclist of the lazy user...just like its name implies.

I've already written a French-centered multilingual reclist with the ability to mimic English and Japanese and up to 16 languages (when you are brave enough tho...) but I was mostly using it for English...and that's it.

The said reclist went through 3 phases:
- Wannabe CVVC (Only the soft consonants had VCs) Ver.1
CANCELLED because working with "flying hard consonants" could be annoying and the reclist was too long to deserve to be called "lazy".

- CVVC (Each consonant has its VCs) Ver.2
RELEASED but I started working on Ver.2.5 before releasing it.

- Wannabe CVVCC (Adding a few CCs and VCCs...because laziness) Ver.2.5 & Ver.3
IN PROGRESS

PS: CORBEAU, Corneille, MO & MI are voiced by me. MAY & Azzuen got other voicers to see if the reclist wasn't MAJA-compatible only. Yes, my voice keep going higher at each upgrade: I called it "reverse-puberty".

Here stops my babbling [that's where YOU enter in action]

This Summer, I'd like to start working on a new version of this multilingual "lazy" reclist which probably wouldn't be centered on French anymore. Meaning that, having no life, I'd probably rewrite a brand new reclist with a new alias system just to break my own habits.

To make that change more "extreme" and making sure to violently get kicked out of my comfort zone [The trinity: French/English/Wapanese (Weaboo Japanese)], I'd ask you to offer me languages which should be included.

No idea about my language limit or about the coding system I'll use

BUT
here is the list (I will add your propositions there):
LANGUAGES
- Dutch**
- English*
- French*
- German ***
- Latin* (...It's not THAT hard when you have French already)
- Spanish***

RISK-O-METER

* "Okay" knowledge about the language (it's not good but it's not THAT terrible either)
** Weak knowledge about the language
*** Inexistent knowledge about the language [la gente esta muy loca//slapped]

So, feel free to show me languages which could be nice to have in this lazy multiligual reclist!

You can:
- Link me samples of the said language and show me existing reclists (if there are any)
- Tell me if the language shares roots with those already listed
- And say anything which comes to your mind about the topic, to be honest!

I accept languages from ANY continent (because I don't really care tbh I just want languages to play with//slapped) but keep in mind that since I'm my own guinea pig (beta-testers only arrive after I've tortured myself) and that I speak French with a particularly sexy Belgian accent, the "CCCCCC...C" sounds will even remain challenging to me (Yes, I'm judging you, Polish!) such as other sounds that I may not master (like the German Rs...ah German Rs and Rs in general) BUT it won't prevent me to try!

Having 0 experience as a linguist (don't question it), samples are MORE than welcome and VBs using the reclists you show me EVEN MORE because, despite being tone-deaf, I like having audio references.

I think I've said everything.

Feel free to add more or ask questions if you have any.

AND to relieve you a little:
The UTAU I'd release the FINAL result with (which would be multipitch/tone because I'm crazy) WON'T be MI . I love her but for a final UTAU project needing a focus on the pronunciation, I'll have to use a socially acceptable voice type (will search in threads related to the topic).
(Seems like it won't be a kire either tho//slapped)

[but that doesn't mean that I won't test it with her, right? 8D Like voice acting can wait for the final result//killed]

Thank you for your attention! :wink:
Curious to see what you will come with!

[tldr: me is working on a multilingual reclist, show me fancy languages plz thx ilu]

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Perhaps you could add Esperanto!

I am actually not a huge fan of Esperanto being added as an extra to multilingual voicebanks, because people never really focus on it or use it, and it's just another statistic on how many languages the bank can sing... But at least it's a little bit of help in making Esperanto vocalsynth more popular!

This is my reclist thread.
http://utaforum.net/threads/esperanto-reclist.11191/

Bonan sanĉon!

Reactions: MAJAstral

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
serbian????? :0 i dont think its ever been done before and it sounds interesting language-wise
i have heard it is similar to polish by the way it sounds so you could also look into that i guess?? (as i am also learning polish i can somewhat agree)
i could see it as a cvvc bank with cc or c samples since there are some back to back consonants in the language

bad audio quality but it could still be helpful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_language

Reactions: MAJAstral

MAJAstral

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Perhaps you could add Esperanto!

I am actually not a huge fan of Esperanto being added as an extra to multilingual voicebanks, because people never really focus on it or use it, and it's just another statistic on how many languages the bank can sing... But at least it's a little bit of help in making Esperanto vocalsynth more popular!

This is my reclist thread.
http://utaforum.net/threads/esperanto-reclist.11191/

Bonan sanĉon!

Dankon!

Oh...A reclist~ It will be added!

And don't worry...I will even try myself to make justice to each language I will include in the list at least once (and often play around with those since I find it funnier than only using one language)!
...Then, they will probably end up conversing with Dutch about how underused they are but they will even exist

serbian????? :0 i dont think its ever been done before and it sounds interesting language-wise
i have heard it is similar to polish by the way it sounds so you could also look into that i guess?? (as i am also learning polish i can somewhat agree)
i could see it as a cvvc bank with cc or c samples since there are some back to back consonants in the language

bad audio quality but it could still be helpful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_language

I will definitely give it a try! C:
Thank you a lot!
[doublepost=1465321642][/doublepost]Not being able to edit my thread. I will just put the list here:

LANGUAGES
- Dutch**
- English*

- Esperanto***
- French*
- German ***
- Latin* (...It's not THAT hard when you have French already)
- Serbian***
- Spanish***

RISK-O-METER
* "Okay" knowledge about the language (it's not good but it's not THAT terrible either)
** Weak knowledge about the language
*** Inexistent knowledge about the language [la gente esta muy loca//slapped]

WOOP!//rolls away

Reactions: sailor _ravioli