Making an UST

Discussion in 'UTAU Discussion' started by Alessandra, Dec 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alessandra

Alessandra Ruko's Ruffians Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    I'm still wondering if, creating an UST, you can base it according to your interpretation of the song, to make it more human e.g. If I sing matrioshka and I record it with background noise reduction, could I (not me obviously because I don't use UTAU) create the UST? This could be efficent in every song, but especially in songs that need something more... I mean... expressive. I don't consider just, for example, matrioshka sang by me, but maybe people could copy/paste the pitch... from other versions (utaute ecc.)

Mougeki Mero likes this.
  3. Mougeki Mero

Mougeki Mero Defoko's Slaves Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    Uhm, yeah and no. I'd say it is better and more effective (talking about expressiveness) to base your tuning from a recording of your voice than creating the UST itself from your voice. Even so, it requires a lot of tuning if you want to make it expressive, so yeah...

On another hand if you only want to create an UST, regardless of expressiveness, recording your own voice and then using something like Melodyne to convert it to MIDI, with some manual editing is a nice option. You have to sing on key (or very close to it) tho.

4. Kiyoteru

Kiyoteru Local Sensei / Kuya Supporter Defender of Defoko

Trophy Points
    You can achieve what you're describing with plugins such as freqtracer and utalis.