Making Japanese-Style PVs?

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sorry for the odd title, didn't know what else to call if >=<

So you guys know those PVs on Niconico/YouTube(usually reprints) that usually have one or two artworks of the Utau that's singing, then have nice effects as well as kana/kanji moving on the screen? And the artist many times is Todo Tea Road(I think that's their name)explaining the similar art styles?(also if anyone has info on that illustrator, like if they make PVs for the heck of it or if they're asked/commissioned for video/cover art)

I want to know if anyone knows how to make videos like that, like the software and whatnot, they look really neat imo!

Examples include (this first one I was just watching, features a different artist, I believe,, btw Honoka Elie sure is popular nowadays)

Kuku Klock

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
well I know you can definitely achieve those effects in AE but you'd have to have...I wanna say like 3 or 4 compositions open at a time if you hand make some of those effects, and so many layers. if there are presets/bases for some of those effects, you could also fuss with SV.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
well I know you can definitely achieve those effects in AE but you'd have to have...I wanna say like 3 or 4 compositions open at a time if you hand make some of those effects, and so many layers. if there are presets/bases for some of those effects, you could also fuss with SV.
Plus, doesn't After Effects cost money? Know any free alternatives??:blink:

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Plus, doesn't After Effects cost money? Know any free alternatives??:blink:
A free but powerful video editing software would be AviUtl but there is a lack of available English tutorials other than Maverick Tse's (the one who localized it into English) so I personally found out stuff mostly by exploring around it.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Does anyone know something,,, easy, for lack of a better term? For example, I'm looking for a program where I can import drawings and animate them, or just do the same with regular drawings and pictures and make a PV, no more animation than a slideshow, but a PV...? I tried installing AviUtl but that was no luck :annoyed:
Oh, and the one illustrator's name is Todo Tyaro :3

HulderBulder

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
Windows movie maker is free and can make really simple PVs, but is really limiting from what I remember. You can uppload picture and do transitions, effect/filter stuff, and add some text.
I don't recomend it, but if theres no other options this will at least get the job done.

Reactions: kimchi-tan

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Is there a reason you're not willing to use original PVs?
Oh... Is there a reason you ask that?? Well, it's kind of the same with cover art. Some songs don't really require fancy original cover art, and to be honest I don't have to make any cover art at all, but it'd be boring if I never did... Plus it'd be more eye-grabbing to have some nice art :3 Plus if I made a design and all that for my Utau and never actually showcased this in a video,,,,

And yes, for PVs it depends on the song. Not every song has a PV, and not every song I cover I'll make an original PV for in the first place. It's just that with certain songs like signature songs or special songs(for me & my utau) I'd like to make special videos instead of having people as well as myself stare at a static image. In addition to that, although I generally don't have a problem with the original PVs, sometimes I interpret the song certain ways(though they usually stay close to what a song seems to be about), so in those cases I'd like to make PVs with my interpretation of them, as well as my own spin