Making UTAU talk?

XxTheOtakunessxX

Teto's Territory
So, once Hotaru and Ren are oto.ini'ed, I'll get around to making a demo reel! However, I really want to make them talk, something simple like "I'm Hotaru Fukane! Please treat me well!" {which would be in japanese}, but I keep running into problem after problem.

Yes, after doing my research, Hanakago is the first thing I came up when I tried to make my utau talk. And I've correctly installed the plugin and UTAU lets me open it up, but when I type in what I want my utau to say and hit OK, it just stops, freezes, then shuts itself down. Now, I've tried typing in both romaji and hiragana {and my voice samples are named in romaji, but I made the alias hiragana} but nothing's working and it repeats itself.

I believe what I am asking for is, if people could either help me fix the problem with Hanakago OR recommend another {and perhaps simpler} way of making my UTAU talk.

Thank you for taking the time to read all that. ^-^;

Lee / Sambutt

Apollo's Polka-Dotted Socks
If you don't mind, may I ask how to manually do so with pitchbends? ovo;
First, just enter whatever you want your UTAU to say. For this tutorial, it's "dicks out for Defoko:.
V1NlhQe.png

Then select all of the notes (Ctrl+A) and right-click them. Click on "Pitch". You should get a pop-up like this. Click "Portamento" until the check mark in the box is black.
dARTrPZ.png

You should see red dots when you click on a note. You can right-click these dots to add more control points. Drag the points down or up to make the pitch go down or up. Try to say something to yourself, then take note of the pitch and translate it into pitchbends.
YkuxEEq.png

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
If you really wanna be technical with the timing, record what you wanna say and measure the time it takes to complete each syllable, then edit your note length in utau. Not too bad for small jobs if you're familiar with waveforms.

The pitch editor plugin also allows you to hand draw pitch bends. Even better, use that audio track you recorded in a tool called VocalShifter that edits your utau wav file to somewhat match the pitch in your voice, which you can continue to to edit, and really gives life to the voice.

Reactions: XxTheOtakunessxX

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There's an UTAU plugin named freqtracer that works the same way as mikumikuvoice, which allows you to import an audio file, then set notes to align with it and take on the pitch of the original audio. Makes the job from the previous post a lot easier.

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
There's an UTAU plugin named freqtracer that works the same way as mikumikuvoice, which allows you to import an audio file, then set notes to align with it and take on the pitch of the original audio. Makes the job from the previous post a lot easier.

I mentioned VocalShifter because it can be used for Vocaloid and any other synth, but thinking about it, freqtracer is probably better for utau speech.

Reactions: XxTheOtakunessxX

kagero

Momo's Minion
I know this is an old thread but where can i download FreqTracer (if its still avaiable) cause i have been looking but cant find a download site anywhere